Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wufoo form widget repeating

Dear all,

Having had an awful lot of trouble with my relayively limited knowledge of website creation, I have finally managed to get a wufoo form widget onto a page in my website. However, despite my clicking on "stop repeating", the outline of the form can be seen on every page in the site which, obviously, is no use at all.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have followed the steps (although they aren't quite right) in the Xara widget guide. I have version 12.6.2.49603

thanks

Paul

Default Re: Wufoo form widget repeating

Yoiks!

When you use Stop Repeating it does not delete the repeating object. Can you remove the extra forms manually?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yoiks!

When you use Stop Repeating it does not delete the repeating object. Can you remove the extra forms manually?
    No, because they only appear when I do a page or site preview!

Paul

If this has worked, you can just see what I mean on this screen snip - its a light grey font but its definitely there.

Paul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wufoo intrusive form.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	118210

Can you attach your .web file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

web file (hopefully) attached.

You will notice that the background has been moved on a couple of the pages - and underneath I found a copy of one of the images which should only be on one page! I've no idea how that got there: I was thinking on Saturday evening that I may have to redo the website from scratch to clear that (not that it matters in the same way as this form!)

thanks

Paul
    ASFC Xara version 16.web

I have no idea how you managed this.

It you switch to Outline View (Window > View Quality > Outlines) you will see a large rectangle that extends off the page on the left. Select this and then look at the top right side of the page and you'll see a small symbol (two facing arrows) that indicates this is a repeating object.

Cut this to the clipboard (Edit > Cut) and select the option to Delete on All Pages.

Go the the page the form should appear on, right click on the page and select Paste > Paste in Place.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have no idea how you managed this.

It you switch to Outline View (Window > View Quality > Outlines) you will see a large rectangle that extends off the page on the left. Select this and then look at the top right side of the page and you'll see a small symbol (two facing arrows) that indicates this is a repeating object.

Cut this to the clipboard (Edit > Cut) and select the option to Delete on All Pages.

Go the the page the form should appear on, right click on the page and select Paste > Paste in Place.
    No I don't know either!

When I go into outline view, I have a large rectangle, but it extends to the right. This is in fact the common page background which *should* appear on each page. Its not the form itself. :-(

And I should have added that I moved that to the right to see if I could "find" the form on that page

But the page background had the form code in the body, as Gary pointed out Paul.

Here's a cleaned up version. I'd also recommend using text rather than an image for your title "All Saints' Festival Choir", it'll help in SEO.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host