Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Questions on Hipster Supersite Demo features

The Hipster Demo seems to be a Supersite with separate pages which appear to be a single scrolling page.
    I has several variants and dynamic scaling of page elements (stretchy images +text) until the next breakpoint kicks in.
    I wonder how this is done – all my efforts thus far were only partially successful...

Is this technically a multipage Xara file or do the links from the menu just lead to anchors on a single page in the Xara file?
    I'm not code savy enough to gather that from the source code.

Default Re: Questions on Hipster Supersite Demo features

It is just a very long page with anchors for the links. It is not a Supersite at all; you would see some very weird URLs for each page.
    It does have Variants.

There is no dynamic scaling of text. The text is bigger in the Variants.

The one thing I found clear in it was the blue wedge wave effect above the Marc Hipster round image.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Questions on Hipster Supersite Demo features

Thanks Acorn!
    there was just one thing I did not get to work: That was proper scaling behavior of pictures and stretching stripes
    behind text elements when resizing the Browser. Whatever I set up ended up with text starting to arbitrarily overlay
    images or the other way round. Also I had ugly scollbars appearing when the browser window got smaller than the pixel
    extends of page content.

I had assumed that some smartness in the Hipster demo hindered all this from happening but the solution seems to be
    much simpler: Full width images and stretchy content blocks need to go on the page background layer, right?