Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeating objects and Internal program error 7448.k.sp.ad

I am using Web Designer Premium 365 and receive this error when attempting to repeat a Group of three rectangles on all pages of a website. The error also comes up when selecting Site Navigation Bar in the Navigation Bar Properties to show the navigation bar on all pages. Oddly, the navigation bar already shows up on each page.

I tried to creating some new objects and repeating them and the same error occurs. My guess is I have something conflicting that is causing this problem, but thought I would throw it out to this group while trying to troubleshoot it.

Thanks to anyone who might have ideas.

~ Paul

Default Re: Repeating objects and Internal program error 7448.k.sp.ad

I have determined that this error is only the case with a particular website and other websites I've built do not have this issue.

Hi Paul

Does this happen when you close the document and then reopen it? And if so, can you reproduce the steps that cause the error?

I have found that when something like this happens, and if the program does not crash, if I shut down without saving and reopen the document that the problem has gone away.

>> Does this happen when you close the document and then reopen it?

Yes. Once I realized it was a problem that was the first thing I did, but it didn't help. I think I had already saved the error in there and had not realized it was there. A couple of the rectangles later moved and I was unable to move them back without screwing A LOT of stuff up. Thus I just deleted them and rebuilt them, but get the same result.

>> And if so, can you reproduce the steps that cause the error?

Working on that part in an effort to fix the problem. It appears once the problem happens it is there to stay, but I am going to try to remove all the navigation bars and see if that is the issue.

Thanks for the ideas! At this point I think I am working towards finding a solution and documenting it here in case someone else has the same problem.

Some times a page gets corrupted and who knows why. If this happens, I create a new page, add the desired elements to the new page and if it works OK, delete the corrupted page and rename the new name and re-link to the new page.

I am afraid that is what I am going to have to do. It isn't a huge website, but I bet it take three hours to rebuild it. I think I can use elements from the bad page on an older version of the website. I'm going to start making more back-ups just in case this happens in the future. Thanks for the help.

Xara should be making back-ups about every ten minutes. You can go to File > Open Recent and scroll down the the bottom to Backups...

It is not easy to find the backups especially if you have not named your site. But if you click the little down arrow next to Date Modified it opens a calendar and you narrow down the search.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backups.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	114116