Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help with part of Font in Logo

I have a logo that was made in the 1990's and part of the logo uses this font. I have been unable to find what it is. It is close to Franklin Gothic but the "a" and "c" are not right. I have tried both WhattheFont and Identifyfont but I am no closer.

The problem I am having is that when substituting a different font that is close in style, the "c" sticks out to far that it wants to touch the "i" when the spacing is matched to the example.

Anybody have any ideas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.png 
Views:	363 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	114064

Thanks
    Ray

Default Re: Need Help with part of Font in Logo

Ray, not for the font but in XDPX365 and earlier you have a Tracking and Kerning feature to change spacing: Help > Index > Adding page numbers > tracking / Kerning.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Golden Age is the closest I have come to a match. The example you show appears to be heavily kerned.

Acorn,

The tracking and kerning will not help in this case. I even made the text all shapes and tried to move them but the "c" almost touches the "i" when lined up over the example.

Mwenz,

Golden Age is close for the "c" and "a" but a totally different "t".

This is driving me batty. I am wondering if the font has been updated since the 1990's and that is what is throwing everything off because I only have a newer style for reference. I am sure it is an Adobe font but can find it.

Ray

Hi Ray--yep, guess I should have included the 't' in the search...

That said, I just re-ran the search and included Adobe's Font Folio 11, and there isn't a match there, either.

Do you know what you created the logo in back then?

I did not create it. We have no idea who even created it or what they used unfortunately.

Ray

Use the closest font to the characters you need. Convert to editable shapes. Ungroup twice to access each letter shapes individually. Reposition by hand.
    For the 't', go into the Shape tool and adjust the letter by hand or manually trace over it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bummer, Ray.

As you likely know, back in the '90s, it was pretty common for not only the 10k font discs, but it seems like every application shipped with a bazillion fonts that were usually slight variations of "name brand" fonts--even to the point where one may have 10 fonts that were identical but with different names.

Perhaps this would be a good time to "simply" (have/encourage them to) bite the bullet and go for an updated text and or text/element logo change.

I have one client left from the late 1980s that I think I have updated their word-based logo a half-dozen times in 30 years. Good luck.