Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default online designer - client publishing

I'm going to be re doing a website I did for a client a few years ago. One of the updates is going to be to set up client access using online designer. I designed the site and the client chose to set up and maintain his own hosting and I have a question

What protections do I have to ensure I get paid for my work? When I first did the site I collected part before work began and then the rest upon completion and he didn't get the html files until I was paid. however it took many months to get that final payment and him not having the files to upload was my protection.

Can I set up OD so we can share the .xar files and he can do limited edits but not be able to publish? Understandably I am not to trusting of this client and I want to set up the same sort of deal. Once I have my final payment I'll give him all the html files he needs to upload.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: online designer - client publishing

Best if you don't trust a client (and this is just good business practice) get your final payment before you turn over the site.

Also inform your client that you are not responsible for changes made to the site after you have handed off control of the site.