Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Center Supersite in Mobile Browser (XDP 11)

Hi Egg,

Thanks very much for your example file -- yes it centers correctly in both variants and text expands nicely on the mobile.

When I opened it I suddenly realized that my site is missing some important elements, my pages show only Layer 1 instead of the usual Mouse Over/Off and Page/Pasteboard Background layers. New pages or a new site is the same, only Layer 1 appears. Site property is set to Web Document as is yours, not sure what else to check to bring up the missing layers. Could this be the cause of off-center effect in the mobile variant?

Definitely something odd on my computer, I still have XDP X installed as well as 11 and now 365, so maybe I should uninstall version X as no longer needed and will most likely upgrade to 365. Even though X isn't open maybe some conflict between versions.

Thanks again for your assistance Egg, it's much appreciated.
    Best Regards, Kevin

Hi Kevin, sounds like your web templates are messed up. Do you get the option as shown in the attached screengrab? Does your site in Xara have a W on the page tab next to the filename?

I've never found one Xara version messing with another. I'd just keep them on your hard drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	website-templates.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	114321  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Thanks for reply and yes I see the same menu options as in your screengrab, and yes my page tabs have a blue W on them.
    I think we have it solved and the blue W is the clue, it appears if I start a new file from the file menu FILE >> NEW >> WEB PAGE 960 and the Mouse Over/Off and Background layers appear as normal. However if I hit the small white + on the tabs bar then the new site doesn't have the basic layers, just LAYER 1.

So I made a quick test site from File menu and VOILA the offset problem is gone, all layers are there and mobile variant looks great, so I'll just copy my content to this and run with it. Also, the new tabs with blue W has [Main] and [Mobile] on them but the tabs of original site with offset don't have that text . . . . very odd eh?

Case solved it seems and thanks very much for your assistance. Going to File menu and the blue W gave me the clue that I needed to find the problem. Excellent support from the experts on Talk Graphics, another happy user and I'm going to upgrade to 365 very soon.

Best Regards, Kevin in Barcelona

Hello again, glad you got it sorted. The + sign opens another default document. So if you have an A4 Portrait as your default it just opens another A4 Portrait document. If you want to set it to open a web document by default instead, open up an Web Page 960px document, then File / Save Template, click the Web Page 960px to file the filename box, click on the "Use as default template" and Save. Now everytime you click on the + symbol it will open a 960px Web Document.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host