Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Support for activation licence key. extra key? No Reply. Are they on summer hols

Hi Guys,

Its been a couple of years now since I was here.

Great to say that I am still using Xara and enjoying the experience.
    I have found no reason to stop using it.

I use Designer Pro X.

Being disabled and registered blind I would have thought that software companies would give a discount, but it seems that its only educational institutions and learners qualify.

But hey, let me get to the point.

I have been waiting several weeks now to unlock my program on a new pc. I put in Windows 10. Deleted all files from the old pc and scrapped it. Now I have no access to the program on my new pc. Cant get a reply from support. Sent 3 requests, tried the phone activation, etc. Does the support cease on old versions?

Just wondering.

Best wishes,

Michael

Default Re: Xara Support for activation licence key. extra key? No Reply. Are they on summer

Hi Michael. You can go to xara.com and log-in, look at "My Products" and your serial number is there.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara Support for activation licence key. extra key? No Reply. Are they on summer

hi michael
    i feel for you
    the activation farce, i mean procedure, is a nonsense
    whilst it works for some people
    other people wait weeks for a reply
    the longest i had to wait was 7 days, that's about 6.9 days too long
    they've lost customers due to this system
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Michael

If you have a ticket number I can look into this for you. It's been a bank holiday weekend in which we weren't in the office unfortunately the weekend and Monday.

Egg is also correct, so many people don't know this

OK, I'm about to go bat shit crazy folks. Can someone please help me. I've tried to contact the entire company and well, I'm sorely disappointed at the lack of customer service. I have Designer Pro X365, I just purchased it last Friday. I went through the download and install procedures. I opened it up and tried to access my free templates and stuff and no go. It keeps prompting me to buy whatever. It's all suppose to be included. I followed the directions on how to download everything thing so that it can be local on my hard drive. Only thing is, there is no prompt, button, access to download anything. I think It won't update to the paid version and is still running the free version. I uninstalled the program went through the procedure again, this time it didn't even ask me for a serial number and it just downloaded the program. What gives? I'm on the verge of asking for a refund. I was excited about Xara seeing as I'm tired of Adobe but Jesus mate.

Sometimes right clicking on the shortcut and run as administator will fix problems, usually you only need to do this one time. Also if you log into you account at Xara.com you can look at your products to see what you have activated. I don't have the new version, but the content downloader on ver 11 is in the Help menu.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 30 August 2016 at 10:57 PM.

Hi Iggy,

Not sure what is happening with your license but it may be worth going to Help > Deactivate, deactivate your version, then as Mike says right-click the program shortcut > Run as Administrator then activate again and see if that gives you access to the Content Catalogue / Designs Gallery now.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks Guys,

The run as admin appeared to do something that let me activate the program.
    It mentions that I used a different account though. Strange. Same account, different pc.

I will checkmy account details.

So, I can use the "find line" to process my video snapshots of movement displacements now and do some data analysis.

Best wishes Michael

Thanks everyone for your input. For some strange reason, I'm not getting the active version at all. As a result there is no deactivate prompt in the help menu. I'm guessing that this version is only the trial version. To that end, I uninstalled and installed the software again and it did not prompt to put in a serial number so again I'm only working with trial version. I then went to the service center site and tried to deactivate the serial number that is active on my desktop at work and it wouldn't let me deactivate it because it says I haven't been a user for at least 30 days. I have no idea what to do next. I'm afraid to try a second desktop or laptop as I don't want to have the same problem in two different places.