Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Web Designer Page Background Transparency

Having downloaded the demo of Web Designer Premium and working through the features, I am unable to find the option to set the Page background to Transparency (not no color), as we require this feature for all the HTML pages being saved. I am looking forward to upgrading, but this feature is paramount. Serif WebPlus has this available within their software, and all the HTML pages are saved with the page transparency intact. Exporting as a PNG/GIF file format is not an option in our situation. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Web Designer Page Background Transparency

It also looks like other web designer programs have this feature. Such as Corel and others. Have I missed something here. Help would be appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/mmGxUiD.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alpha Transparency.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	114045  

Hi Pendulum, welcome to TG. Xara pages have two backgrounds, the pasteboard background containing a rectangle and the page background containing a rectangle, the size of the page you set up.

You can alter these one at a time and set their fill colour to transparent by dragging the transparent colour (the cross hatched one on the far left) onto these rectangles.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics Pendulum

Is this what you mean? http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/page-color

Many thanks Egg & Gary for the reply. You will see from the screen shot below that Gary's HTML using the "No Page Color" worked. The other options did not. The 'Transparency Test' graphics below are the HTML generated by Serif's WebPlus X2 (very old version), hence my looking at other software packages such as Xara. In Serif WebPlus, it provides a Master Page setup from which all other web pages can be based. In my situation, I am using HTML to generate graphics and titles for television production (lower thirds, scores and titles). Transparency or Alpha Channel is required for the background so that the graphics can be 'Keyed' for all hues, saturations and luminosities. I am uncertain if Xara is capable of providing this feature as a Master Web Page default, though Egg's solution is innovative, albeit requires a two stage set-up for each HTML page.

http://i.imgur.com/tuRDV0m.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Transparency Test.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	114054  

Make all the changes you want and save them as a new Template.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am uncertain if Xara is capable of providing this feature as a Master Web Page default, though Egg's solution is innovative, albeit requires a two stage set-up for each HTML page.
    As Acorn states, make the transparency changes, then go Save Template, name it 'transparent' or whatever and save. If you want to make it your default template check the Make Default before saving.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara does not have Master Pages and it is not because we have not requested them.

But you can have repeating objects that will repeat on all pages, as well as sticky objects and positioned objects such as footers.

hudafaeq - Since you do not list any Xara products on your Profile, I wonder how it is you know to suggest making a template and repeating it on other pages. Do you know if this will work?

Thanks Gentlemen. Appreciate the feedback and guidance. All good with the transparency. Very satisfied with the features, enough to warrant a demo also of Designer Pro X365. It's a lot to take in, but the video tutorials are a saviour. Cheers.