Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara projects request

Hi folks,

I’m not a graphic designer, and I have no web design clients of my own, but I do have a strong interest in the technical aspects of web development, and a fair working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress, Divi, and Photoshop.

I purchased WDP12 shortly after it was introduced, just to explore it to see what it can do. I learned my way around it by studying the PDF manual, and I find that I do like this tool. Having made that investment in learning, I’d like to put it to use for some practical purpose. If someone has a project that I may be able to contribute something to, I'd be eager to help, with my compensation based solely upon your judgment of the value of my results.

Thank you for any consideration you may give this. If I can be of assistance in any way, or if you know anybody else who may be able to use me, please let me know. Any advice you can offer would also be much appreciated. If you’d like to contact me directly, I can be reached at … xarabuilder AT gmail DOT com.

Respectfully,

Ken

Default Re: Xara projects request

Ken - Why not build a killer website for yourself?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your response. Although I enjoy increasing my web development knowledge just for the sake of the knowledge, I’ve been self-employed for most of my life. So, by nature, I’m trying to determine which approach has the potential of being the most financially rewarding hobby … code, wp, or xara. I’d like to develop expertise in one of them, but I don’t want to take a long trip down a financial dead end. I don’t need to support myself with this, the money is just the carrot, but it's nice to have a carrot. And I no longer want to work with business clients, I’d prefer to be a sub-contractor. You give me specifications or a sketch, and I’ll build it. I'm hoping to find somebody here who could use that type of assistance.

Ken

like gary said, develop a portfolio
    or look at it another way
    would you hire you to do some web design?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    would you hire you to do some web design?
    Based upon my original offer: "with my compensation based solely upon your judgment of the value of my results", if I could use an assistant, I probably would.

The only rudimentary portfolio I can offer is a non-functional home page layout that I made to get the feel of some of the tools as I became acquainted with them . . .

http://f25vag.xara.hosting/handyman
    or
    http://f25vag.xara.hosting/handyman2 (if you prefer the full-width look)

Ken - Investigate some local charity organizations in your community who look like they could use some help and volunteer to help out. But be aware, if you create a website the website will need to be managed and changes made from time to time. A website is a commitment. Recipients of a free website are not going to be able to maintain the site unless you are also willing to provide the software and training.

good luck ken
    i hope you find some work in the web design world
    you'll be in good company though
    its a competitive world
    gary is right, find somebody locally that wants a website
    keep us posted and show us your projects in the web gallery
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Everyone including their grandmother and dog is designing websites. Xara, wordpress, you name it. Just letting you know that your portfolio and clientele base with their testimonial will set the grounds for anyone to hire you.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

Ken