Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: MOVIES FOR WEBSITE

Al,

XAR attached without the Montserrat font.

(2), (3) and (4) have a script in the HTML code Head for the PAGE on which you want that video to be viewed.
    These options do not use a Placeholder. Use Web Properties /Page /HTML

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head HTML - Page Tab_Web Properties.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	126932

I have Xara Pro v17, but I cannot think of any reason the doc would not open in WD.

Give it another go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Gary,

I think the HEAD HTML option is missing in the standard version:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Props Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	126934

I got your file open: it looks great. I'll have to decide whether to upgrade to Premium to get access to the HEAD. $$ Ka-ching...

Cheers, Al

Al,

Best read up on the offer direct from Xara. There is a 14 day trial for the new Pro+ (includes Cloud) where a member of TG gets a 50% year one discount on the new package: https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/ The voucher code is something like TALKGRAPHICS. I'd check this out first.https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud

All very new last week, but I think it means buying WD from Magix will give you a perpetual licence but no future upgrades. Personally, I'm almost persuaded, as the Magix annual update service is (as I read it) coming to an end.

You can therefore download the real deal for 14 days from Xara and check it out; not cheap though!!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Al,
    Best read up on the offer direct from Xara. There is a 14 day trial for the new Pro+ (includes Cloud) where a member of TG gets a 50% year one discount on the new package: https://www.xara.com/xara-cloud-plus/new-bundle/ The voucher code is something like TALKGRAPHICS. I'd check this out first.https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud
    All very new last week, but I think it means buying WD from Magix will give you a perpetual licence but no future upgrades. Personally, I'm almost persuaded, as the Magix annual update service is (as I read it) coming to an end.
    You can therefore download the real deal for 14 days from Xara and check it out; not cheap though!!
    Gary
    My take on the offer is here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...and-Xara-Cloud.

Acorn

P.S. @Gary - few rarely say thank you for the time, effort, testing and documenting gone into providing a workable solution. Thank you.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ships passing in the night! While I was away, I paid 70 Premium Pounds for a HEAD button. Plus a few other features, of course!

I never did like the annual update service. I got stung with the Win 10 change: I had to go back to my original version of Photo and Graphic Designer (lost 2 patches IIRC) because my subs had run out. Magix Help couldn't care less. Not happy Jan. I've worked out where the files download to so I'm going to snaffle the patches as they come in. Once bitten twice shy.

That Pro X looks great, but it's out of my league.

Now back to web movies...

I ended up using a unique mp4 for the 2 variants; I made the mobile movie smaller to reduce download mbs.

A couple of things came up:

1. The mobile video player controls are very small. Can they be increased in size?

2 On the main variant, the player can be paused by clicking anywhere on the player. But with the Mobile variant you have to hit the tiny Pause button in the lower left corner. Can "tap anywhere to pause" be implemented somehow, perhaps with code?

Thanks, Al
    Last edited by Hushpower; 04 May 2020 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Removed video sizing; must have been me because problem has gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushpower View Post
    I ended up using a unique mp4 for the 2 variants; I made the mobile movie smaller to reduce download mbs.

A couple of things came up:

1. The mobile video player controls are very small. Can they be increased in size?

2 On the main variant, the player can be paused by clicking anywhere on the player. But with the Mobile variant you have to hit the tiny Pause button in the lower left corner. Can "tap anywhere to pause" be implemented somehow, perhaps with code?

Thanks, Al
    Al,

You may (or may not ) be bound by the video controls in your custom MP4 player. First, you could explore what controls you have access to within the player; second you could create your own video control buttons for "play", "pause" and "full screen" to be consistent across both variants. Lots of code examples via Google search.

There's a trade-off between choosing a custom MP4 player you like and taking advantage of the $,$$$,$$$ that Chrome, Apple, Mozilla and Microsoft spend competing in the browser market.

Gary

Sorry Gary, I should have said that I am using the Xara player (File>Import...).

I'll have another look at my original idea, using a JWplayer for the Mobile variant. And I'll check for online code for players.

Echoing Acorn, thanks very much for your input.

Al,

A hopefully painless way to resolve your issue. I downloaded your video and uploaded it to my server (demo purposes only). No embedded video player and here it is:

https://initiostar.co.uk/assets/F28%...201000kbps.mp4

1. Create a placeholder proportionally to 1920px x 1080px; I have used 960px x 540px in the desktop variant with a copy and paste to the mobile variant at 480px. In the example I have used the Export option 'scale-to-fit-width'. Not sure is that is available to you? But it helps resolve the way a video appears on different devices.

2. Upload your video to your server, inserting the correct path to access it in the code (in may case I have a subfolder called Assets to keep things tidy and all the videos in one place).

Replace scr= with the correct path "https://yourdomain.com/optional folder/filename.mp4"

Code:
    <! Places video on the page defined by the placeholder scaled to fit placeholder-->
    <! Insert the code into Placeholder HTML body-->
    <video width="100%" height="100%" controls >
      <source src="https://initiostar.co.uk/assets/F28 Movie v8 1000kbps.mp4" type="video/mp4" >
    </video>

Footnote 1: I believe your video started life in a 576p 4:3 AVCHD format; it seems to look OK in MP4, but what happened to it on way I will not try to guess.
    Footnote 2: When I view this from a mobile, I switch to full screen and rotate the device to landscape; the controls resize proportionally with the screen.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

You're a legend, Garry, that's just what I am after.

Re my video format, I was mucking about with resolutions to try to fix a squashing problem on the mobile site with one of the earlier players I was using, so I'll have a good cleanout and re-render them properly.

You also raise an issue with folder conventions in XWD, but I'll start a new thread for that.

Thanks again!