Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Celebrate 35 years of Xara

Here's something to do with the textures. In the file there's a completed design, and at the right is what I started with. I made a copy of the design to put on top of the textured drawing and then used Multiply transparency to shade the design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Design.jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	114224

Anyone want to try this? I skewed the textures in an attempt to make the texture look compatible with the angles of the design.

I'll bet anyone can do better, and if this is of interest to you, I have about 19 other different designs based on an isometric view of a cube.

Heck, these might even make good icons, no?

My Best,

Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	another isometric thingy.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	114225
    Attached Files Attached Files

Back in the very old days, I went to a public demonstration by Corel in Toronto of their new Xara software. I was blown away by the demo, realizing that the interactive speed was remarkable compared to Corel Draw and Corel PhotoPaint. I bought the software, and have been upgrading it right to the present. It was no surprise to me that Corel didn't support it, and eventually moved away; Xara blew its offerings out of the water. Thank you for the Xara History post. It answered many questions I've had over the years.

I am just as impressed with Web Designer Premium, which I've just acquired. I've been working with WordPress for some years, but the new fashions in web design have left it behind. I've been looking at their new Gutenberg editor, but it's not there yet, and it's really, deep down, a kluge. What a relief to find Web Designer Premium, based on good old HTML. I don't need a local server on my computer to review my work. Congratulations once again!

Welcome to TalkGraphics - Many of us were in the same boat.