Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: photo slide gallery pop up

Hi again Roly,
    I don't know whats happened but today when I click the photo button to open the slide gallery layer and tinted rectangle to dim out the main page, I'm findin the photo button does not dim!!!
    I re-visited your page and found that whilst everything worked, the actual slide gallery didn't pop up only the circled X showed, very puzzling, what do you think??

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike, that is weird. Sometime this works. Close Xara and then reopen it by clicking the right mouse on the Xara icon then open as administrator, this only needs to be done once. I tried my copy and all works fine so I have reattached the web file. Let us know if it works.

Thanks

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roly,
    It's working fine now, thanks for your help.

Regards

Mike

Your welcome Mike

Ciao

Roly

Sorry Roly,
    I'm afraid the dimmed out pop up has stopped covering the full width of the screen it only covers the width of the page size. Yours works all the time so I've copied it and pasted onto my web page and it only covers the width of the page not the full screen width as it does on yours!!!
    I've checked all the tabs and settings etc in your site and followed them all but still not working on my single page site. If I tick the stretchy option then some of the images behind show through the dimmed pop up!!
    Anything you can come up with would be apprciated.
    Thanks Mike

Hi Mike, go to web properties, click on website tab and then unclick "clip to page edges" which is at the bottom. If that does not work I suggest you send us your .web file, this way more people will have a chance to solve the problem(s). Keep us posted.

Ciao

Roly

Actually it hasn't got it. After celebrating, the next day for some reason the very wide square I had used to dim the background as per your instructions, now just dims the background web page width and as I and many others are using larger screens it doesn't look good, so I made it stretch full width and now some (but not all!!!) of the background images and text show through the dimmimg rectangle. Very puzzling. If anyone at Xara is looking at this what can be done???

Cheers Roly for your help so far.
    P.S yours works fine and I have followed what you have done but I'm not getting the same effects. Note the site I'm building is a single page if that makes any difference!!

ROLY, Ignore my last message, for some reason I hadn't got it before I sent this latest one and I have done as you suggested and all is well again.

Thanks Mike.

Hi Mike, glad to hear you are back on track.

Ciao

Roly