Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Additional activation request

How long does it usually take to get service from Xara support? I emailed sales at Xara support last Friday asking to reset my activations. I currently only have one version activated now (Xara Designer Pro X9) on a Win7 machine that is currently rendering some video and I don't want to tax the CPU any more than it already is. My second install was on a laptop that crashed/burned under Win10. I tried to install on a new laptop with Win10 and got the 'activations exceeded' message. As I mentioned, I filled out the form on Friday with all the requested information. On Monday (today) at 6 am eastern time, I got a response that they needed my serial number. I responded immediately with the number and I have not heard anything back. I was working on a project on Friday when the crash occurred and now Monday has come and gone and I have not been able to complete the project as I cannot install the software on my new computer. I did not think it would take this long to correct this error. Any idea how much longer it will take? This is my first contact with support from Xara and I am disappointed in the response time.

Bob

Default Re: Additional activation request

You could download the 30 day trial and use that until you do get a response :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I had posted on this board a few days ago about downloading an older version since I do not have the new 365 version. Rob posted a link for the older software and I downloaded it. I, too, thought it would let me run it as a trial but I get the 'register with serial number' window pop up and I can either register or exit program - that are my only choices.

Bob

Still waiting for a response from support....

If I remember correctly you can deactivate it yourself (but only once within 30 days).
    Got to xara.com
    Click REGISTER / SIGN IN (to the top right of the window)
    Sign in
    Click My products
    Scroll to your product and click Show activated devices
    Click Deavtivate (next to the machine that has crashed)

Edit: Sorry, this might not work for Version 9.

siran,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do not have that option under my version. Must be something for the newer versions.

Bob

V9 can have up to 3 installations on 3 seperate computers provided it's only for your use. If you downloaded V9 and get 'register with serial number', have you tried re-entering your serial number for V9? Xara may have already cleared it for activation without getting back to you.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,
    Yes, I have tried, just about 15 minutes ago and still doesn't work. I just can't believe this!! My only experience with their support and I get this....

Bob

their laughably broken activation process instead of steering people away from cracked software risks doing just the opposite
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

activations are reset by the sales department

the correct proceedure is to go here: http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...ed-activations

click on the link in the paragraph that applies, in this case ver10 and earlier, and fill out the contact form with you request

on the two occasions I had to do this, I received a reply within 24 hours

[I am sure there is actually a link or at least a reference to this knowlegebase artice in the dialog that comes up to tell you your activations have been exceeded in the program - but from memory I cannot remember details]

if this is what you have already done, then I am suprised it is taking so long - maybe the legacy versions now take a back seat.......
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Handrawn,

That was where I sent my initial request. After 3 (that's THREE) days, I finally got a reply from "Lewis" that they need my serial number for that version. I responded within the hour and that has been 24 hours ago. I can only assume that sales are so bad from their new versions that they intentionally are making it difficult or impossible to run their older programs so that you HAVE to upgrade. I don't mean to sound dissatisfied with the software, just extremely frustrated at this point with their response or lack of.

Bob