Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Problems with Xara Web Designer Pro conneting to the internet since Windows Update

I had been using Wed Designer with no problems and then along comes Windows Anniversary update.

Now I can only check for updates occasionally and I cannot seem to get onto the online gallery at all. The program either gives me the message "Cannot get online" or similar or freezes for a few seconds then does nothing

I have tried to disable my anti-virus and firewall but it does not help

I have contacted Xara but thought I would ask the collective wisdom on here to

Default Re: Problems with Xara Web Designer Pro conneting to the internet since Windows Updat

I've asked Xara to respond to this. Probably in the morning as it is night time in UK right now.

Default Re: Problems with Xara Web Designer Pro conneting to the internet since Windows Updat

Right click and run as administrator might fix it.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Xara reports:
    He’s sent a ticket in which we’re responding to and looking into. I don’t think the anniversary update caused it otherwise we would have a heck of a lot more complaints but looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I've asked Xara to respond to this. Probably in the morning as it is night time in UK right now.
    Thanks - Yeah as I said I had already contacted Xara I just asked on here in case someone had the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    Right click and run as administrator might fix it.
    No tried that first of all

He’s sent a ticket in which we’re responding to and looking into. I don’t think the anniversary update caused it otherwise we would have a heck of a lot more complaints but looking into it.

I am not sure what it is but it only started right after the anniversary update so maybe its just something unique to my PC that Windows has broken

When you consider the billions of lines of code and script, it is a miracle that anything works.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    When you consider the billions of lines of code and script, it is a miracle that anything works.
    Very true...

I remember typing in pages of code for my old Acorn Electron and if one comma was out of place nothing would work. There is an update downloading at the moment for Win 10 lets see if this helps or breaks some more

OK interesting windows has just installed another update and - So far it seems to have done the trick. I can check for updates and look at the online catalogue

It may be a one off fluke so I will see tomorrow when I Start the PC again - Fingers crossed