Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slider with link for each image

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and Xara 365 Premium.

I'm looking for a simple slider (4 images) with a different link for each image.
    I don't need any text bars.

I tried xara slider, but couldn't figure out how to add a link to each image.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers
    Craig

Default Re: Slider with link for each image

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The All Effects slider widget and the Sliding Slideshow (Insert > From Online Content Catalog > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows and Widgets) both let you add links to the images.

Import the widget. Double click on the widget to open the edit window. Replace the photos with your own by dragging and dropping new photos onto the existing photos (either from the desktop or Windows Explorer or if already imported, from the Bitmap Gallery). Click on the photo and if you see Link to # Change Remove (see attached) click Change. This opens the Link window and you can replace the # with a link. Be sure to click Apply after you add the link
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	click on photo.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	113958  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

The All Effects slider widget and the Sliding Slideshow (Insert > From Online Content Catalog > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows and Widgets) both let you add links to the images.
    Thanks for the welcome gwpriester.

With All Effects is there a way to change the delay time between slides?
    I had a look and couldn't find it.
    Thanks for your help

Cheers
    Craig

Not directly. However if you open the easySlider_v8_1.7.js file from the index_html_files you can alter the timing by changing the pause value, however be aware that this will need to be done every time you publish the site. Perhaps Acorn or Siran can come up with a placeholder tweak.

var defaults = {
    prevId: 'prevBtn',
    prevText: 'Previous',
    nextId: 'nextBtn',
    nextText: 'Next',
    controlsShow: true,
    controlsBefore: '',
    controlsAfter: '',
    controlsFade: true,
    firstId: 'firstBtn',
    firstText: 'First',
    firstShow: false,
    lastId: 'lastBtn',
    lastText: 'Last',
    lastShow: false,
    vertical: false,
    speed: 800,
    auto: false,
    pause: 1200,
    continuous: false,
    numeric: false,
    numericId: 'controls',
    targetClass: 'controls'
    };
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

....... however be aware that this will need to be done every time you publish the site.
    A simple way around this would be to load the slider into an iframe on your main website.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not sure which widget this is about.
    For the "All Effects Widget" for example you can add a line
    HTML Code:
    <script>$.fn.cycle.defaults.timeout=8000;</script>
    to the page body or page head code to change the delay to 8 seconds.

Cheers Siran, that works well for the All Effects Widget but the Sliding Slideshow Widget doesn't use 'timeout' as a variable, it uses 'pause'. I've tried placingthe following in the head of a placeholder, but it doesn't work. No issue, just interested in how to address this variable:

<script>
    $.fn.easySlider.defaults.pause=1;
    </script>
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Cheers Siran, that works well for the All Effects Widget but the Sliding Slideshow Widget doesn't use 'timeout' as a variable, it uses 'pause'. I've tried placingthe following in the head of a placeholder, but it doesn't work. No issue, just interested in how to address this variable:
    Egg, not even looked at the widget but usually times are in milliseconds so try 1000.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn, I've tried 1 & 8000 & 24000, nothing alters the pause phase (apart from me altering the value as suggested in the js script earlier). I was just using 1 as a ridiculous timing to make it obvious if things had altered.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Cheers Acorn, I've tried 1 & 8000 & 24000, nothing alters the pause phase (apart from me altering the value as suggested in the js script earlier). I was just using 1 as a ridiculous timing to make it obvious if things had altered.
    Egg, this is whre i would have to get the textbooks out and better understand how to manipulate a JavaScript object.

In the short time I have, all I did was copy the entire contents of easySlider_v8_1.7.js into a Page Placeholder between a pair of SCRIPT tags.
    I then changed the line 53 to pause: 10000,

I can't remember if you can access an object without knowing its scope.

A very heavy sledgehammer, nut cracking, and I hope none are acorns!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat