Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What if I want a different mobile site?

I am thinking of having my mobile site look totally different from the desktop, so the idea of letting xara spread out the design and adjust it to mobile layout is not really what I want. As a matter of fact I do not even want the same content (text,graphics). How can this be achieved?

Thanks.

Default Re: What if I want a different mobile site?

A variant can be completely different if you want, different look and different content. Sharing text content across variants makes updating site a bit easier and it's generally good practise and what most will want to do but you don't have to.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Sharing text is good, but what If I have too much text on my desktop that I do not want on mobile?

Xara puts the same elements from each page on the mobile page. It is up to the designer to edit the material for the page. I make the text much larger, reduce the number of images, and basically design for a smaller size and slower connection.

Thank you. Just wondering how many businesses go through this or they just have everything appear as is on desktop to mobile which does not optimize the speed of mobile viewing.