Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Delete

Sorry that I am just being dumb, but how can I delete a photo in Photoimpact10?

I trialed this and bought it rather than Paintshop pro maily because it's cheaper and seems to be very similar, but where I can easily delete and image from Paintshop, I can't find the command anywhere in the menus.

Even help doesn't seem to erm...help.
    IP

Sorry that I am just being dumb, but how can I delete a photo in Photoimpact10?

I trialed this and bought it rather than Paintshop pro maily because it's cheaper and seems to be very similar, but where I can easily delete and image from Paintshop, I can't find the command anywhere in the menus.

Even help doesn't seem to erm...help.
    IP

Not quite sure what you mean by "delete", but I'll assume you want to remove a photo image that is on the background (i.e. "canvas") layer. Use the FILL tool. Set the color you wish to replace the image with (e.g. white). Set similarity to "255", transparency to "0", merge to "always". Then click on the background. The photo will be "deleted" -- actually just painted over with white. Is that what you meant?
    Lonnie
    IP

Just select outside the workspace and hit cut and that should work http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    IP

Ah... that works too Gidgit. Never knew that! Works also to just hit the delete key. (Important that no objects are selected.)
    Lonnie
    IP

Yes, precisely why I usualy stick with the habit of utilizing cut, this way, any mistakes, or if I decide it was better with the background, but maybe with a fx, I can simply paste, place fx, move it down to right layer and whoila http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    IP