Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Out of Memory message

I have just set up mobile variants on one of my sites. It seemed to be going well and worked ok on the preview. But when I try to upload it I get an Out of Memory message. I’ve optimised all the pictures.

I am only using 5 pages on the mobile version by not having the other pages listed in the menu button. I imagine that by creating a mobile set of pages I am doubling the size of the files? Is this the problem? I am using 1&1 to publish the pages and have uploaded much bigger files without problems.

I did a rough draft and that uploaded fine.

I even deleted all the text on the non-mobile pages but I am still getting the same message.

On WebPlus I could upload just a few pages rather than all at once, can you do that on Xara Web Design Premium?

Any ideas………..

Default Re: Out of Memory message

Hi Janet

You cannot upload single pages. The reason is if you make a change to one page it may effect the image numbers and other things so your page may not display correctly.

When you publish through Xara, the first time can take some time but after that if you have opted for Fast Publish (only changed files) the process is much faster as Xara compares the changes to what is already on the site.

What happens if you publish your site to a folder on your desktop and then use an independent FTP program such as Filezilla to upload the site to your server?

(You posted this twice so I deleted the other message).
    Last edited by gwpriester; 11 August 2016 at 06:10 PM.

I’ve optimised all the pictures.
    Janet, have you saved & closed the file after optomising, then tried reopening it & publishing?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the advice. This morning I tried uploading it again and it worked…… I checked I had the ‘fast publish only changed files’. It went to the web fine and I checked it on a small tablet which showed the original site on landscape and the mobile site on portrait. I was over the moon and put it down to lighter traffic on the internet in the morning.

Since I was using a backup file I changed a couple of small things that had reverted, changing the background colour of the menu and making the text bigger, and so it only had a couple of small things to change and again I got the ‘Out of Memory’ message.

When uploading you can see at the bottom of the page it shows ‘Converting documents for export’ and gets about half way through, suddenly jumps to 99% and gives me the message Out of Memory. So it is not getting near sending the files, something is stopping it dead in its tracks.

I tried uploading the site to another account and still got the Out of Memory message so it is definitely something in the software.

I am in the habit of saving before I publish. And I've tried shutting everything down the to the wall plug.

Any suggestions?

Hi Janet,

Out of Memory error could be caused by a number of things, if you can send us your file at http://support.xara.com we can see what is causing it. If you can let us know if you are using the 32 bit version and how much RAM you have that would be great as well.

Also, just as a quick test, if you go to Web Properties > Website and uncheck the option "Retina Hi Def" option, does that then export?

Thanks
    Rob