Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Advanced Xara users - can you advise me?

Hi,

Expert Xara users, I want to know that if you know your way around Xara Web Designer premium, can you easily enough reproduce this example site in Xara that was made in Serif's WebPlusX8?

As you may have read in other posts here Serif has pulled the plug on future editions of WebPlus so I'm looking for a replacement that will allow me to continue designing visually with the addition of linked content across page size variants to allow easy update of mobile pages.

I expect a learning curve (and associated frustration), but I need to save potentially wasted time by ensuring the software can do what I need design wise before I dedicate time to learning it's ways.

I have downloaded the trial software but having issues getting it to preview - getting an error message & support request sent. So not a great start but I will persevere if those in the know can confirm that Xara can do the job.

PS - Anyone here using Xara as the basis for a professional web design business?

Thanks!

Default Re: Advanced Xara users - can you advise me?

Yes that site would be easy to reproduce in Xara Web Designer but if you are new to Xara you will need to allow time for getting familiar with the software.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Welcome to TalkGraphics Blue Owl

Absolutely. The website features covered in this review are the same features in Web Designer Premium 365 http://xaraxone.xara.hosting/pro365/website-design.html

There are links at the bottom for sample sites as well.

And I have been a design professional since 1967 and I use Xara Designer Pro X365 for everything, from website design, book design, print, photo editing, you name it. I do use Photoshop but that is mainly to convert Designer Pro bitmap images to grayscale, a simple feature that Xara has never seen the need for.

Welcome to the forum. Gary and many others are senior users and not by age and they are great at helping out. I was a long time xara user before working with web plus and now will bite the bullet soon to use it for my web design work. It is ideal for what you have demonstrated but possibly not so much for database or blog feature. The cloud cms is also interesting if you want your client to bastardize your work LOL