Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Zoomable image on webpage

Xara aren't really helping users by naming a widget "Inner Zoom 1 Widget" which can be found via the online Content Catolgue Search but naming it "Landscape Cloud Inner Zoomer " within the widget which can't be found via the online Content Catolgue Search

I did get your zoomer to work, however I don't understand (and it's not intutive) to need to:

Find WTag:image(768):imagebig and rename to WTag:image(4096):imagebig.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah, OK I missed that part. Now how do I override the 230dpi issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I don't understand (and it's not intutive) to need to:
    Find WTag:image(768):imagebig and rename to WTag:image(4096):imagebig.
    It's not intuitive as I am changing a Name set up by Xara.
    with the Select tool, click on the image.
    Open the Names Utility.
    Highlight the WTag.
    Click on the Rename button.
    Change and save everything.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So, I repeat my question. How do I override the 230dpi maximum resolution issue.

The same image that imports at 600dpi in the drawing window, is reduced to 230dpi in the web design window. Even if I drag and drop, import, or anything else. I think Xara determined at 96dpi that 230dpi would cover most screens. But it does not and the resolution and sharpness of the image is lost when you stretch the image.

I'm sorry Acorn, I wasn't making myself clear. I know how to do it, WHY am I doing it is the part of the operation I don't understand.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I don't know why this is Gary but try loading it into a print document, copy and paste into a web document brings it in at the right pixel size.
    Egg

Here's a Landscape Cloud Inner Zoom using a very large image Gary, inserted using the copy/paste mentioned above:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v258kfhg0...oomer.xar?dl=0
    Egg

Egg and Acorn - This is what I am speaking of. http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/stretch/

Even pasting the image at 1200dpi and setting the image to stretch does not take advantage of the image resolution.

I created a 1900px wide version of the same image, optimized to 96dpi and add a small amount of Unsharp Mask. The 96dpi image at full screen (for me) is magnitudes sharper.

Surely Gary, the image doesn't have a resolution only a size in pixels.
    Egg

You're splitting hairs. An image at a certain physical dimension has a specific resolution. Especially true in terms of print. But that is not my point. My point is that the stretched image, even though pasted into Xara's website design window at a resolution that at 1:1 is almost double my 24" monitor width, is exported reduced and at full screen is not as sharp and as crisp as my 1900 pixel wide image at 96dpi. You and Mike Wenzloff can debate pixels and resolution til the cows come home and that is fine with me. Images stretched to fill the screen should have a higher resolution.