Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Plain styled website - happy about your thougts

Hi Xara people,

since about one month now, we went online with a new project named CalculatePlus. The project enables the user to perform online calculations and conversions.

As you can see there is a search box where the user can search for a conversion, for example type "1 km to meter" and you then will be redirected to the corresponding conversion page. The style of the page is very minimalistic and we do currently work a lot with simple boxes with borders. It would be awesome if some of you would have some ideas on how to make the style even better!

thank you a lot
    Henry

Default Re: Plain styled website - happy about your thougts

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Is this something that website designers can include on their websites? I tried converting 500,000 Japanese yet to US dollars but nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Is this something that website designers can include on their websites? I tried converting 500,000 Japanese yet to US dollars but nothing happens.
    Hi gwpriester,

it is planned to offer some kind of widgets so designers can embed/include some calculation or categories to the web-page. This will come in a future version and I'll let you know when it is done!

Regarding the conversion you mentioned. Could you be a little bit more precise? What exactly did you enter and what do you mean that nothing happens? Normally when you start typing on CalculatePlus search box like "500,000 Japa" there should be already be shown some suggestions and when you type further the correct item will appear when hitting the search box or click on the suggestion. For me this works just fine! :-)

best
    Henry

OK Two things. When I key in 500,000 Japanese Yen, none of the results are in dollars US.

If I key in 500,000 Japanese Yen to US Dollar I get a result of 4,981.617681307445 USD

Since we only use two decimal places, the result should be 4,981.61 USD

When I key in 500,000 Japanese Yen, none of the results are in dollars US.
    Yes that is true. But only some (random) results are shown in the suggestions since we cannot show all, that would be a huge suggestion list!
    When you Type "500,000 Japanese Yen to U" then USD will appear. This will still be improved with the next versions: The typeahead and the limited results that are shown will be the most searched ones in the future.

If I key in 500,000 Japanese Yen to US Dollar I get a result of 4,981.617681307445 USD
    Since we only use two decimal places, the result should be 4,981.61 USD
    I totally agree with that you are right! We should only show 2 decimal places!

Thank you very much!
    Henry