Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile Variant Not Working upon publishing

The reply to this would be that it doesn't happen with the original Quattrocento template. I have no horizontal scrollbars on my Android or iPhone4.
    Can others check this out:
    www.parkeston.com/quat/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Finally got rid of the horizontal scroll-bar. Not a simple exercise though.

In the mobile index page, copy the stretchy objects currently on the pasteboard background and create a new layer 'stretchy' below mouse-off, paste them in position, change the width to 480px and vertically centre to page.

Now delete all the page background layers and pasteboard background layers on every page.

Save As new filename.

Utilities / Options / Page Size / Same layers on all pages.

Select the objects on layer 'stretchy' and repeat on all pages.

Finally, move your navbar to the left.

No one feature fixes it I'm afraid, you need to do it for all mobile pages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you for your time and effort. Its a shame the support don't/won't work like that. I'm wondering who I'm actually communicating with there? I doubt they even look at this thread (link sent twice) or even bothered to open the .web file I sent, twice. (including to the ftp they provided).

Again, I am having serous doubts about upgrading to 365 premium. Have they outsourced their support to 4th graders in some 4th world country? Their responses were like they never looked at what I sent, or even cared. If I ran my business this way, I would be out of business.

Koko, you want to try being the person on the other end of the support ticket sometime, then you'd cut them some slack and be less free with the insults.

I think it's a pity they didn't solve your issue, but it's even more disappointing to see how you talk about them.

Paul

Really?? I gave them detailed information, links and a.web file, as well as a link to this forum. And I get a reply of "resize your browser, not once but twice.

I felt they merely browsed my ask for help, then gave a pre-written generic answer. Which was only mildly annoying, but when they asked for the .web file and a screenshot and gave me the same answer to adjust my browser, was an insult to me as a paying customer. They did not even try to help me. What's the point of the whole "Submit a support ticket" then?

I'm sorry you don't see it that way, should I have said...wow great job answering me, even though it did not come close to helping, they never bothered to look at the .web file they asked for and a complete waste of everyones time?

I have been on the other end, and I did the job I was paid to do. If I could not answer a question, I told them I did not know and found out and got back to them. Not give a worthless answer and hope the don't call back.

If I owned this company, I would want to know how my customer service is handling my customers. Instead of wondering why they did not upgrade to newer products and referring other customers to me.

Meanwhile Koko, apart from getting diverted by Pauls post did my solution work?
    Egg

Hi Koko,

This ticket was handled by a colleague of mine who spent a long time looking into the issue trying to help you, finding out the issue and working on your file to replicate the problem. I'm sorry your issue took a while to be looked into and was fixed eventually by the helpful members we have here fortunately on the forums. We are in our busy period and there is an unfortunate delay in replying back and looking into tickets, especially those with project files.

That being said, it really does not go down well in my books referring to someone who is spending a lot of time trying help you as a "4th grader" from a "4th" world country, even more so on a public forum. This is not a place for name calling and we want to keep this community as clean and friendly as we can.

Please let us know if Eggs suggestions has fixed it for you. I will put your ticket on hold for now, awaiting confirmation.

Thank you Egg for spending your time looking into this as well.

Kind Regards
    Rob

Wonderful reply,Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Wonderful reply,Rob!

+1

Yes it did thanks.