Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile Variant Not Working upon publishing

I've put it back to 960px, adjusted text boxes etc. still cant find why its not working right. I did find 1 horizontal bar outside the 960px, and deleted it. I'm missing something and cant find it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t8ml6l2q5...haftb.web?dl=0

Try making the zoom factor small and selecting a wide area outside of the 960. See if you can seect something even if you can't see it.

Not finding anything. I submitted a support ticket on Friday but have yet to hear back from them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t8ml6l2q5...haftb.web?dl=0
    Last edited by Koko; 01 August 2016 at 08:28 PM.

One of the things I found was that on the pasteboard layer there was a lot of stretchy, tiled objects far wider than the page size and not centered on the page (mobile variant). Why the template has this I don't know but it's not needed. However after painstaking spending a good time reducing these to 480px, moving to the Page Background layer and centering on the page, there still remained that annoying horizontal scroll bar.

I also noticed that I often couldn't turn on the visibility of layers without turning on editable icon & turning on the 'Make all Layers Visible' & 'Make all Layers Editable' didn't do this over all the layers.

I think this file has become corrupted. Let's know what support makes of it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks. If support ever gets back with me , I will. I was planning on upgrading to 365 premium, but if the support is this slow, not sure I will bother.

Koko, I have used Xara software for years and I don't think I've ever had a support ticket/call.

So don't think Xara users habitually call upon Xara support. TG is their de-facto support tier.

A little patience is required - for any software.

Paul

Supports 1st reply was "everything is fine, resize your browser window to view mobile." I was pretty mad at that response. My ticket included everything including a link to this thread to get them up to speed. Followed by "my phones are too big to view the mobile site." (Iphone 6s & Galaxy note 3). I kept my cool and told them they are wrong.

Then they asked for a screenshot from the Iphone and a copy of the .web file (which I had already given them a link to). Now its been a while (24hours) and have not heard back.

To be continued.....

Thanks for the update.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Reply for support.....

Posted on: 04 August 2016 09:14 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for the screenshot, again this is expected behaviour. There are 2 sizes used to describe a phones pixel quality, one is Resolution, one is screen size. Screen size is the physical number of pixels that the screen has. Resolution is the number of pixels the screen will try to show, using the phones screen size.

For example: iPhone 6; Resolution 750px x 1334px, screen size 375px x 667px. So if you have an object on your website that is 700px by 1300px (smaller than the Resolution) it will show on your device, but it will be scaled down by the device, as the device doesn't have that many pixels to show.

Your mobile website is 480px wide, and the device has a resolution of 750px, so your website is around half of what the device will try to show. Then this is scaled down by the device, and so is roughly half of the devices window.

Kindest regards
    Customer Support
    Xara Group Ltd

My reply to support...

Are you kidding me? So everyone in the Talk Graphic forum is wrong too?
    Did you even read the thread in the forum with the link I sent?

I have made many websites with this software with the exact same settings but display fine.

Please escalate my support ticket to your supervisor