Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Why is this not working?

Hi everyone

I am working on a site with a couple of slideshows built with WOWslider, the slides on the main site appear to work fine but they freeze on the Tablet viriant. My question is, do i need to create individual slides for each variant or there is something i can do to solve this problem?

Any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks

Default Re: Why is this not working?

Do they work in Preview? And I assume they work in the main variant?

It might be best to create a new and smaller version for your mobile variant.

For what ever reason, i am not able to preview these on the preview window but have to export the files and preview them from a folder. Earlier on i had issues with the variant version but now the actual site slides are jerky and show a grey block between slides. I am not sure if this has to do with the number of images or slides used.

I checked all the settings and image dimensions on WOWslider and all seems to be fine.

Meanwhile i contacted WOWslider to ask if there is a workaround this but still waiting.

Again, thanks for the feedback

Ah, OK I forgot.

When you create your slideshow, WOW Slider creates a folder with an index.html document. There are two folders, Data and Engine I think.

You need to create a rectangle the same size as the largest slide. This will be a Placeholder.

Open the index.html file in Wordpad or Notepad, and copy the portion of the index.html document marked off in the HEAD section. Click on the rectangle then open Website Properties > Placeholder, click on the HEAD button and paste the text in there.

Repeat this for the designated text in the BODY section in the Placeholder > BODY section.

Now, publish your website to the same folder and name your index page, index.html. This overwrites the current index.html file.

Double click on the index.html file in the folder and your slideshow should be working.

The Data and Engine folders need to be in the root directory when you publish your site so for the first time you will need to publish to your web host using Filezilla or some other FTP program. After that, you will not be able to preview the slideshow in Xara but when you publish changes to your site, the Data and Engine folders will be on the server.

Does this make any sense?

OKAY, i found the problem...!

Initially i worked on my index page which i duplicated and did not change the slide ID number in the <head> code which was causing the jerky movement because all pages were using the same ID number...

Voula ..!