Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multilingual website

I like to get an idea on how would you approach making a multilingual website.
    4 languages and corresponding mobile version for each. The google translator is inaccurate and
    so are other instant translators.

Thanks and chat soon

Default Re: Multilingual website

I think the answer is to duplicate the site file for each language and use them as sub-sites. Then have links on each site to each subsite for each language.

Could be quite a bit of work.

I once made some multilingual iPad apps. I can say that the Russian variant text didn't fit the same space as the English one!

It can be quite hard work if you're copying and pasting text but can't understand it.

Hi behzad,

I found a new menu option under the file menu in XDPX12, load /save translation. The help file says this about it:
    Load / Save Translation

These options can be used to help produce documents translated into different languages. Save Translation exports all the text in the current document into an XML format that can be imported by external translation tools. The translation tools export a similar XML file, with the text replaced with the translated text. This can be applied to the same document in Designer using Load translation, and the text in the current document is replaced with the translated text.

translation, load translation, save translation, XML

Maybe you should give that a try.

Greetings,
    Frits

You also could try this site to set up the translation. I haven't tried if the xml file that XDP produces can be read but you could try it. And if this works you don't have to do the translation yourself.

https://www.oneskyapp.com/how-it-wor...gement-system/

Thank you guys. The XML file can be helpful. I would have to look into that.

This is just a technical idea. Maybe someone would like to experiment with it.
    Every text starting with a kind of ID will be replaced when the page has been loaded. The replacement text is taken from an array defined in the code. The ID may be almost anything, but you have to keep in mind that some characters (like & § < > and the like) will not be exported as displayed (have a look at the created htm file).
    In this example the language can be switched by clicking the 1 2 3 4 buttons.
    Some code will have to added to read the current OS language and select the matching translation when the initialization is finished. At the moment the first translation is selected.
    Attached Files Attached Files

@siran this looks fascinating. I am in the process of getting my quote approved by the client so that I can delve in this and other possibilities.