Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default The great Gel tutorial

I'm trying to find Gary's Tutorial in which we downloaded a small program called SLBlur and created great gel effects. I still have that little program but I've forgotten several steps. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Default Re: The great Gel tutorial

Wow that was fast, really fast.
    Thanks Gary, these are helpful, but they don't have the one thing I need. When we pasted back from that little program SLBlur, How the heck did we get that background to go away. I remember after I did that tutorial, I must have made a hundred different designs using the techniques in that tutorial. You also had a Logo on the graphics.com site that looked like "candy" for lack of a better word, that I just loved.
    Half the fun using Xara is figuring out how to create something you see in your minds eye, so I'll keep plugging away.

SLBur was before Xara had the Shadow Tool when we had to be more inventive. All I can think of is you could use a vector object and apply some feathering which would create the effect of something being blurred. Maybe add transparency to the feathered object.

Here's another Guest Tutorial that might be what you're after. http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest54/

Thanks Gary, All of this will get me where I want to go.....