Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Import TDR files

Meow

Is there any hope to import TDR files into Xara?
    TDR is extention for program TopDraw. TopDraw is vector based drawing program made from Top Software, Conifer, USA.

Ponny

Default Re: Import TDR files

Not in native format. Can you export from TopDraw in PDF format?

Sorry, no. That is the Problem. TopDraw can export only in WMF. Vector. All other is raster formats. Well, you can export drawing to PDF, but result is image - raster.

And another bad news. TopDraw is 16 bit program. That means, not working in Windows 10.
    That means, I can only import his files into other tool, if I can find import filter.

PDF supports both vector and bitmap. But if TopDraw's PDF export is very weak, then it probably converts everything into a single bitmap and exports it as a PDF.

WMF also supports both vector and bitmaps.

Have you tried these?

Yes I exported many file from TDR to WMF. But export to WMF produce ..... mess. Forest of nodes. And fill gradients transforms to 32, 64 or more objects. That mean, I had to redraw almost all objects in picture.

Well anyway I saved the most important files. But there is still many less important files in TDR. This is reason, why I ask this.

Well, there is almost no hope, because developing of TopDraw stops in year 1996 at version 3.1. This is 16 bit versino.

Thankyou anyway.

Sorry. However, some times, when you have to do something over again, you make it better the second time.