Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default X11, save to older versions?

Please, how do I save to an older format of Xara. I have asked and asked Xara for help regarding X11 where my custom tool-bar dissapears ALL the time. Now I am on a tight deadline and want to save X11 files back to earlier version. That CAN'T be done, or am I not seeing correctly?

Default Re: X11, save to older versions?

Hi Helle,
    No it is only going to save your file to what ver. you have on your H/disc or what you are using at the moment. It has no legacy feature even when you export your file so can't really offer any support to you. Is your newest ver. crashing so much, you could go back and install any previous ver. by downloading from xara.com set up your control bar in that and just use that until Xara comes back with a solution.

Would a re-install help! cos when I used Ver 11 it was very stable even with my custom settings. What caused my setup to crash once was a silly scatter brush using many grouped vector shapes. It sounds as though you have a registry problem if your programme is crashing so frequently. I know it would be a pain but you could uninstall through your control panel and then do a file search for any reference to xara files and delete those and start with a clean build. Then when you are ready to install "run as administrator" on your programme exe file and you should have a stable programme as I found the programme

If your work is so pressing just work away without changing the default tool. It may be slower but it would give you a chance to meet all of your deadlines saving your reputation with your clients.
    Design is thinking made visual.