Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Align and distribute objects

Meow

I can't fint function for Align and distribute in xara.
    Let me explaine. With pictures. I made this test in inkscape and export to PNG.

Picture 1: Shows 5 object put somewhere on the desk.
    Picture 2: Then I use aligning tool to align by bottom.
    Picture 3: Then I set to be distances between objects always 10pt - in horizontal way.

Well, this phase 3 I can't find in Xara. I made this test in inkscape.

I'll be very gratefull for any answer.

Ponny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaja.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	113631  

Default Re: Align and distribute objects

I have moved this to the Xara Graphics Chat.

Maybe this will help. It is a very old article but the Align menu has not changed much since then. http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook44/page_1.htm

Basically to achieve what you want, select all the objects and Align Vertical along the Bottom, and Align Horizontal > Distribute Equi-space

The article shows the shortcuts for various alignments by clicking in the preview area. For this alignment, hold down the Ctrl key and click along the bottom of the preview window.

Name:	align.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	113633  

Thankyou
    I'm really not sure, which subforum is rigt for this. I have often this problem, where to put some question.

And in this case. Perhaps I was not clear enough at the question. This is the reason why I put the picture.
    Because in the dialog box "aligninig" I can't fint where to put number - what distance I need betwen objects.

Ponny

Ah, OK. There is no place to add a number. But if you put the first and last object where you want them to be, everything will fall into place.

I tested it right now. Yes, it works.
    But I need in most cases the exactly number of milimeters gap between objects. Well, I can try to setting first and last object in row distance to a little bit closer for example and aligning again. But this experiments can take so long time. And the result will never be exactly OK.
    Anyway, thankyou for help.

Ponny

Quote Originally Posted by Ponny View Post
    I tested it right now. Yes, it works.
    But I need in most cases the exactly number of milimeters gap between objects. Well, I can try to setting first and last object in row distance to a little bit closer for example and aligning again. But this experiments can take so long time. And the result will never be exactly OK.
    Anyway, thankyou for help.

Ponny
    For this scenario, create a number of rectangles of the required width and alternate these with your objects so all touch each other in a line.
    Then delete the spacing rectangles.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Ponny, is it text you'll be using to align in this manner, or just odd width shapes? The simplest way of ensuring an equal gap between each shape would be to attach a 20mm wide (or whatever size you want) rectangle (a spacer) to the right hand side of each shape, using the Snap to Objects to get correct alignment. Group each object with its spacer, and again using Snap to Objects align them in that manner. Then just delete the spacers, either indivudually from each group or all together by selecting the used colour in the Name gallery and hitting delete.

Name:	ponny.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	113641  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, is this another one of our snaps?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes! I'm just going to have to phone you before I post
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, that is solution. Thankyou to all.
    And explanation. I work on a 12 pages document. On each page will be on the top the title. That means, one word, but composed from home made letters. Left aligned. And with equal distances between objects (letters) on all pages.
    But I can do that with your advice. Only fast changing size od distances in not posible.

Ponny