Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Objects scrolling over sticky elements

Egg - In my screen shot, I created the nav bar, a rectangle set to stick at top but not stretch, and a same size rectangle set to stick at top and stretch horizontal. And the background still shows through between the buttons. Not sure why it does not block out the background. I also tried moving the photo to the back and the buttons and rectangles to the top. Now I need to play with it some more to see where I have gone amiss.

NEVER MIND

Ok so to get "stick to top" header objects over the mouseovers just add the css below to the head code of a page/placeholder. Not tested extensively but seems to work ok for what I'm working on here. If it doesn't work in particular scenario try changing the z-index value higher/lower. Seems to need 3 or higher to go over my mouseovers and normal stickes seem to be 90.

Code:
    <style>
    .xr_stt{z-index:90}
    </style>
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Tom - I'm not quite clear on what you are doing. If I create a nav bar and header object and set these to Sticky, and create an object and set it to Stick to Top, my hope would be that the stick to top object would appear above the sticky objects.

I tried this with the attached file but the stick to top object is still behind the nav bar and rectangles.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like we're tyring to acheive slightly different things Gary.

In my case I'm only using a "stick to top" header with a nav bar and wanted to make sure that the header covers over all general non-sticky stuff on the mouseoff layer and mouseover layer. Without that z-index change mouseovers on photos etc. can appear over STT objects, which doesn't look good on the page if you hover over a photo that is half under a STT header.

In your example file Gary I'm not sure how to get to get the STT button over other stickies, it has me baffled but I'm curious to see if it's possible to do. Not sure, maybe there is some javascript at play.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I reported this to Xara some time ago. I have a suspicion that if it were easy to do it would have been done by now.

@ xtom: Works fine for me
    @ Gary: We are talking at cross purposes here. Does the attached meet your needs? The trick is to place a sticky stretchy object in the pasteboard background.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 July 2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host