Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Does DP365 have tool similar to Photoshop's free transform?

On Photoshop's free transform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrN4fhpLCS4

Thanks,
    Cadu_

Default Re: Does DP365 have tool similar to Photoshop's free transform?

Probably better because it does not require all the menu selections. http://xaraxone.xara.hosting/pro365/photo-editing.html

Better still, download the free 30 day trial version and give it a spin.

Double click on a photo image to enable the features. Mouse over any of the control points to see what each one does. Then try it out.

Thanks for reply!
    "Double click on a photo image" provides some control, but I couldn't find a way to adjust a bit the perspective, as in Photoshop's free transform.
    Also, I tried DP's perspective correction, but the result isn't good.
    Is it possible to perform in DP the adjusts showed in the follwoing screen-recording?
    https://goo.gl/jQp8tW

Unfortunately not. It has been requested many times to be able to manually change the perspective of bitmaps and have this capability included in the Mould tool.

Overall, DP365 is fitting most of my bitmap needs, but the lack of manually change the perspective will keep me using an external editor.
    I'm trying to remove Photoshop from my bitmap workflow completely. I was almost there with DP365!
    Does anyone know a bitmap editor alternative to work with DP365, if possible simpler than Photoshop, that would allow controls on perspective lacking in DP?
    Thanks for info!
    Cadu_

Probably not quite what you are looking for. This is a perspective envelope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Perspective Envelope.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	113574  

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Overall, DP365 is fitting most of my bitmap needs, but the lack of manually change the perspective will keep me using an external editor.
    I'm trying to remove Photoshop from my bitmap workflow completely. I was almost there with DP365!
    Does anyone know a bitmap editor alternative to work with DP365, if possible simpler than Photoshop, that would allow controls on perspective lacking in DP?
    Thanks for info!
    Cadu_
    If you're familiar with Photoshop, I do not see any reason to refuse it.
    Do you not like the Adobe's subscription system?
    On my laptop installed Photoshop Elements 13 + ElementsXXL. This plug-in makes available many functions of Photoshop's PRO versions. The plugin is constantly updated. All together cost me about 100EUR.

Pretty powerful editor with similar features is Corel PaintShop Pro (62EUR). If you know Photoshop, you can quickly learn and PSP.

By the way the lack of warp tool for bitmap in Xara really severely limits bitmap manipulations. It was one of my wishes for XDP v12.

The perspective envelope is good provided you've got a decent sized image. This ones from a screen-grab so not great.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free-transform-perspective-tool.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	113580

Or using a bit of copy/pasting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	free-transform-copy-pastel.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	113581
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,

Xara has included a standalone program called ShiftN with which you can make finer adjustments to perspective. Manual adjustments are made using sliders, not by dragging handles on the images. The program is under:

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\12\ShiftN

or wherever your Xara happens to be installed. Also came with XPX11, probably 10 and 9

As an alternative, I use Corel PaintShop Pro X8 which has perspective correction tools, including dragging the corners and sliders/input boxes for fine-tuning. In fact, I have PaintShop as my bitmap editor with Xara DPX.
    (I see Digital Phaser beat me to it about PaintShop)
    Last edited by browj2; 22 July 2016 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added note, corrected spelling

Thanks all for the comments and tips.
    I'd really like to cut Photoshop from my budget.
    I tried the Mold Tool and I found the results quite acceptable.
    Here there is a screen-recording with the experiment: https://goo.gl/ULB8S0
    Besides the perspective issue, I found the Mold Tool made the bitmap considerable sharper than the original:
    IClick image for larger version. 

Name:	moab_by Matt Kloskowiski.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	113583
    The Mold Tool should work for most of my needs.

I would appreciate a further help:
    As you can see in the screen-recording, after applying the Mold Tool the clip/crop seems stuck/locked. How to clip/crop the image after Mold Tool adjustments?

Thanks,
    Cadu_