Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav bar not updating from main to mobile site

I now understand about repeating on variants and repeating on pages but have run into a problem with the Nav Bar.

After changing pages and page names on the main page, some of them did and some did not copy across to the mobile site. I had to got to the "edit nav bar" and manually input the correct page name/link.
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Nav bar not updating from main to mobile site

I thought we had advised recently that a NavBar is usually a Repeating Object so it appears on all of a Variant's pages.
    If cannot, at the same time, be Shared with all Variants.

It is one or the other,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Nav bar not updating from main to mobile site

that may be how it is, but its something Xara needs to sort out. The amount of work needed to edit the NavBar menu compared to how Serif do things is criminal. If you have a simple menu fine, but if you have a busy website with lots of news type pages being added and archived later etc. its an issue. All this is handled automatically in Serif software which looks at how the pages are dragged around in relation to each other, even nested (which is very easy in a side menu, like drag and drop fast) - its very cool. But of course Serif (to Xara's defence) don't or cant do the responsive website thing. But looking to the future Xara need to do something re the NavBar editing.