Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to hide a page from Menu and linking with 'Read More' button

Hi. I am very new to Xara Web Designer software. I am trying to make a site for myself. I want to create a page which will open in the same frame upon clicking the 'READ MORE' button, but the page will not show in the menu. How can I do that? Can anyone help?
    Last edited by DarKMaSk; 20 July 2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Tried to change the tags but could not. The post is showing no where except my control panel. :(

Default Re: How to hide a page from Menu and linking with 'Read More' button

Quote Originally Posted by DarKMaSk View Post
    Hi. I am very new to Xara Web Designer software. I am trying to make a site for myself. I want to create a page which will open in the same frame upon clicking the 'READ MORE' button, but the page will not show in the menu. How can I do that? Can anyone help?
    Can you just get away with making the detail appear in a pop-up Layer?

Acorn

P.S. Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Can you just get away with making the detail appear in a pop-up Layer?

Acorn

P.S. Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    Do you mean when I would click on the 'READ MORE' button, a pop-up will appear with the details? If yes, it will be a little bit problematic. I should let you know the purpose. My brother has a travel agency and he asked me to design a website for him. I am using built in template 'RETREAT'. The purpose of the 'READ MORE' button is that on clicking a page will open in the same frame which will consist of different package tour details. A pop-up would not be able to hold that much information and it will not be very eye-catching, I think so, though I don't know. You are much more knowledgeable than me. So, if you suggest a thing, I'll do that.

And thank you for your nice welcome. can I add you in my friend list here?

Double click on the Navigation Bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties menu. Select the page that you don't want to appear and delete it. This only deletes it from the Navigation Bar and not the site.

You have yet to discover the power of layers - these are fully functional web pages in their own right.

Open your Xara application, click Help > Search, enter Layers.

There will be on-line tutorials to see these in in action.

Rather than add as a friend, just keep asking questions and thanking those who help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Double click on the Navigation Bar to open the Navigation Bar Properties menu. Select the page that you don't want to appear and delete it. This only deletes it from the Navigation Bar and not the site.
    Thank you friend. It solved my problem. Thanks a lot. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Gary, I took the OP's "page which will open in the same frame" to be not navigate away. Glad you were on the case,
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You have yet to discover the power of layers - these are fully functional web pages in their own right.

Open your Xara application, click Help > Search, enter Layers.

There will be on-line tutorials to see these in in action.

Rather than add as a friend, just keep asking questions and thanking those who help.

Acorn
    Yes. I am a newbie regarding Xara. It has so many things built in, I don't know, whether I could discover eveything.

Where can I find tutorials on 'Layers'?

I am not greedy. I always thank people who help me. But friendship is different. Anyway, I cannot force you to be my friend. Thank you for your immense help. ^_^

Try this: http://outsider.xara.com/tutorials/january14/index.htm.

Earlier one with simple steps: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_4.htm and demonstration: http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook78/popup/.

Just search on Google or Duckduckgo for "xara tutorial layers".

Acorn