Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to test mobile site?

I assumed that if I am in the mobile site and clicked on the preview of a single page instead of whole site that it would bring up the single mobile page. Maybe I am wrong because when I do so, the "main" site page comes up and not the expected "mobile" page.

So how does one test the mobile site? In one of the post something was posted about reducing the size of the page - how does one do this and could I then test the mobile site?
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: How to test mobile site?

It's not reducing the size of the page jb, it's reducing the width of your browser window. Drop the width to less than 480 px ( you don't need to be accurate) and the browser will display the mobile content
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Jeb - What version are you using?

The last two version have included a free account with xara.hosting which is also the default publishing setting. So you can just publish to your xara.hosting account and then preview the actual mobile variant on a cell phone or tablet.

Tks, Gary - Using the latest DproX 365 - or 12 or whatever.

Egg put up a really nice youtube ref my other post which really cleared things up as well as a way to test the mobile site. I will go see if I can preview the mobile sites or use as you have suggested.

Again - tks for all the help. Xara is one very powerful program that will do a lot of amazing things but if one does not work with it on an ongoing basis so much of the "how to" can be lost.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Glad we could help. I know how frustrating things can be. I just spent three hours trying to figure out why the last two navigation buttons on the mobile version of my site were spaced farther down. Never did discover the reason, but I finally got everything to work.

There is just so much to the program that one can do and usually several ways to do it - easy if you know all the ways and tricks. I don't use it that much and so forget what little I did know.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

one thing you should look out for if you are using a two variant website (full screen + mobile) is that the mobile variant will show up with gaps at the side in a tablet size. So you need to do something with the background (add tiles or plain colour that matches the page colour).
    Just something to check (I used a tablet to check this after the site was published as the browser dragging trick really doesn't expose this)