Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: my website online is different then when i open it up in xara?

I still cant believe what you see. I do not see that on my PC. The program also said it would save the bandicoot font so everyone would see it as i do. When you go to my website do you see it as i do? Is there a way yo can send back the file with the images resized or do i need to do that myself?

This is how i see it right now live on the web
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	as.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	113543

Can i post a video so you can see?

Here is the video. I don't know why it shows to different version of it. I copied the whole folder to my desktop and edited that one, not the one shown in the video

www.apctechs.tech/xara.mp4

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yes

OK ... it's just that "Xara" couldn't remove a person, replace another, switch monitors and alter the details button by itself. Has anyone else got access to the site for instance?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Some times, Internet service providers, cache pages on their servers and it is next to impossible to update the page or site.

I went through this a few weeks back when a client of mine could not see the changes I made to her website. She refreshed the page. She forced a refresh of the page. She cleared out her browser cache. None of these worked.

Finally I posted a link to one of the pages and asked TG members what they saw. The unanimously reinforced that the changes had been made.

I deleted the site because even though it was parked on xara.hosting, Google might have found it and linked to it.

Regarding the Bandicoot font. In my opinion, it is not a very businesslike font and detracts from the credibility of your service. The most important thing about text on any website is that the visitor can find the facts and information she or he is looking for. The font is not as important as the content. So make it easy for your visitor to find the appropriate content and present it in the most straight forward manner.

I host my sites from my house using wamp. I added what i need to add to the site. I will change the font. Thank you

I notice in your original post that you say 'when I open the index.html file in Xara' . You should not be opening the HTML file in Xara, you should have saved the source file as a .XAR file and this is the one you should open. If you are opening the HTML file it will look different.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Is it possible silentrage is just importing the assets from the html file rather than using the xara project file?

Silentrage's file name is index.html.xar http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...606#post557606 Thus the confusion when trying to open the document.