Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy my website online is different then when i open it up in xara?

I created a website using xara designer pro 11x, which came out fine but when i open the index.html.xar in xara it's different. I am worried if i try to export website it will save it like i see it in xara.

This is what it looks like online
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	113529

This is what it looks like when i open it an xara

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	113530

Default Re: my website online is different then when i open it up in xara?

did you refresh your browser after publishing?

Welcome to TG silentrage.

I am worried if i try to export website it will save it like i see it in xara.
    In deed it will, Xara is a wysiwyg editor. I can't really understand why there's a difference. Did you create your current site in another program & then tried importing the page/site into Xara?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, and if i open the index.html in notepad++ i can see where the images are listed on the page to match the website. It's all there but in xara it's different. I made a copy of the folder and opened it up in xara and adding the thing that are missing. I hate doing this but it looks like i have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrage View Post
    I created a website using xara designer pro 11x, which came out fine but when i open the index.html.xar in xara it's different. I am worried if i try to export website it will save it like i see it in xara.

This is what it looks like online

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	113529

This is what it looks like when i open it an xara

Name:	a1.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	113530

Change your design file to a more meaningful name. index.html.xar will mean nothing to you when you add a second, third or further sites.
    Save a copy of this design file somewhere else.

Next export your design from XDP11X (File > Export website...) to a local folder; give the folder the same name os the design file without the .xar bit.
    Now open the index.html (my guess) in a browser of your choice.
    This is what viewers will see if you publish.

Upload your .xar to TalkGraphics (Go Advanced button) and a TGer will check you've the right bits in place.

As to the differences between your design and the on-line version, it truly looks as if it is displaying an earlier version.
    Are you sure you've uploaded the latest version into the Cloud?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Also, do not manually edit the HTML. Every time Xara previews or publishes your site, the code will be overwritten. There are ways to add code so that it will always be added to your site using Placeholders. Placeholders are any object or shape into which you can paste scripts and code. See Help > Placeholder Objects.

Don't know where the Go Advanced Button is?

Click the Reply button.
    The Go Advanced one is then at the bottom right of the edit window.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ok here it is. I also open the website in another browser and same thing. Check it out for yourself http://www.apctechs.tech
    Attached Files Attached Files

First thing I notice is you are using a font, Bandicoot, that is not a web safe font. So on any computer that does not have this font installed, it will probably display in Times Roman. If you select one of the Google fonts, the font is embedded in the site so the visitor will see the same font you have designed with. Also, I would recommend a sans serif such as Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, or similar web safe font for the majority of your text. Use the display face for your headlines and subheads. It will look cleaner and will read better.

I optimized 36 images on your site to 192dpi. This will speed up publishing because Xara will not need to down sample these images on publish.

I published your site to my xara.hosting account, did a screen capture of the home page, added transparency and placed it over your Xara page. It matches very close. (I immediately removed the site)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overlay.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	113541