Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Warniing message -

I started a website in DPro X 11 - imported it into the new DPro X 12 or 365 or whatever.

The site is "Flare Theme".

I wanted the black band at the top to be deeper so I could enlarge the input name - could find no way to do so.

So I made a rectangle to overlay the existing band and put my text into it.

However, when I click on "website variants - share with all variants" I get a warning, "The selected object cannot be LiveShared on the variant pages. Do you want to make a single copy of it on all variant pages?" I clicked "copy" and the band is on all the pages.

However, when I put the new text on top of the black band and did the same as above, it let me share with all variants but when I go to the mobile site the text is not there and when I go to another page the text is off to the right of the page, not on the band where I put it. I also changed the text on the black band but it did not change on the other pages.

Suggestions?

Edit - I also made the black bands on each side of the page deeper and it let me make they share with all variants but they do not show up on the other pages. I tried to make them copied on all pages but get the message, "LiveShared objects cannot be made repeating."
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Warniing message -

The Black bar is on the Pasteboard layer. To deepen it, select it in that layer and drag down. There's also a false shadow created using a linear filled rectangle which will require moving down. Now just select the Logo type text & resize.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Tks EGG - Think I will just start over with the original site.

I looked on all the layers but didn't find a way to do what I wanted.

Tks again. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Started over - made some of the changes I want but ran into other problems.

1 - Seems one can make something shared by the variant OR repeated on all pages BUT NOT BOTH.

If this is correct, I have to make the individual changes for each page?

2- I clicked in the text at the header, changed it but it does not show up on variant. I have changed colors, text - no changes I am making on the main page is showing up on the variant - am I missing something or is this normal?
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb,

What I have done is maked a copy of the object that is repeated on all pages on the main site and put it on the variant and then repeated the copy on all pages on the variant by right clicking on the object and selecting repeat on pages.

As far as your header problem, are you sure the text and header is shared with the variant and it is not just a copy that is on the variant? On the main page when you select the header you should see two parallel lines in the up right corner of the selection? Because you can change it on the main page we know it is not a locked layer so I am not sure what else it could be.

Ray

RK - the confusion comes from the difference between the two. If you share with variant you can't then make on all pages and if you make on all pages you can't share with variant. Also, what you do is only on that variant - either main or mobile. Your way works.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com