Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Online Client License

I am a little unclear on how a client would receive a license (paid or free) allowing them to sign into Xara Online and have limited access to the same file I use with full edit rights. How do they create their own account and how do I grant them access to a file on my OneDrive/Drive/etc.? I have the 365 DPro. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dan

Default Re: Xara Online Client License

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    I am a little unclear on how a client would receive a license (paid or free) allowing them to sign into Xara Online and have limited access to the same file I use with full edit rights. How do they create their own account and how do I grant them access to a file on my OneDrive/Drive/etc.? I have the 365 DPro. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Dan
    Dan, the client licence is free, no fee. Read all of http://content.ixara.com/intro/ and page 3 Q&A as to how to get the client licence. You need to have a Cloud account and a folder / file with edit permissions for your client to access. The password is set up through the Cloud service, not Xara. I don't use OneDrive but there will be a means to select / highlight a file and sub-options for that to change permissions, share and add a password.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hmm. I read the instructions but they do not work as written.

It says that you can use the storage sign-in (OneDrive for me) once you have used the Xara Sign-in with your Xara account. I only get access using the Xara account even though the OneDrive displays after a successful Xara sign-in.

There is no way for a non-Xara license owner to "sign-in" to the online site without being told the account email is not recognizable. I would have to give a client my Xara sign-in which I don't want to do.

There is no "shop" from which a client can acquire a Client License sign-in, or at least none that I can find.

Without a Xara License email, there does not appear to be any way into the online feature for clients. A client would not have Xara on their computer nor a Xara account so how do they access the online feature? It's a mystery to me.

Dan, I read shop and store (later) to be the same thing.
    I've trawled around Xara's site and nothing's there, just
    BETA: Xara Online Designer is included with all copies of Designer Pro!
    I can only assume this is work in progress as Xara keeps referring to the on-line approach to be in beta.

Raise a ticket with Xara and ask when this will be properly available.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. I suspect you're right. A work in progress. At least I get to keep my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    James, thank for finding this.
    Acorn

THANK YOU, James. Excellent discovery. Just what I needed.