Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

I use the template, by design, to make it faster to choose "the neighborhood" of a wanted color. Then I use the colour Editor to hone in on the exact colour, and if I want to use it again, I add it to my custom palette. Shades of a specific color (again, sorry!) has been a CorelDRAW feature for several versions, so I know this is do-able.

Here are two pictorial examples of what I'm talking about. One is a car I drew in 2016, the other is the same car, but updated to the year model 2017. Notice the colors are different, just for the purpose of illustrating what I run into when importing two different xara file into ONE new xara file. In order not to have the color gallery become a morass of confused colors or DUPLICATE colors, I've named each cars color scheme specifically to that car. By doing this, when editing colors in the NEW xara file which includes both cars, the confusion of editing colors on either or both of the cars is now removed due to the fact that the named colors are specific to each individual car.

I use the cars as an example, but I use this process of named colors, NOT just for cars, but for many other objects, including: people, animals, stone work, brick work, and the list goes on and on.

It may sound labor intensive, and it is to an extent, but in the long run it saves me an immense amount of time, as I can change colors, shades of any item in a complex drawing without having to weed my way through the many layers, groups, clipviews and items, such as cars, to make adjustments to various aspects of the drawing.

I hope this isn't too complex to understand, but it would provide a HUGE amount of help to me if I could be able to rename a "named color" and at the same time have ALL of its shades renamed at the same time. This would eliminate much work and confusion. ALSO, to keep things organized in the "Color Gallery" for quick reference, having the shades of a named color all automatically named [the named color plus 01, 02, 03, etc.] would allow me to sort the color gallery and keep the named colors and their shades TOGETHER, allowing me to quickly identify a specific shade within the drawing that I want to alter.

Anyway, maybe I get too involved in my drawings, they are quite detailed, and sometimes a little change in color or shading of just a small part of the picture can make a BIG difference.

Thanks for reading...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016Maco.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	118078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017Maco.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	118079  

R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Couldn't agree more Ron. I use named colours almost exclusively. I dislike the "Shade of" as well as mismatched colour line each time you create a shade.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think we could have a win/win here if a shade of a color was auto-linked to the parent colour. By doing that, we can still do massive recoloring by redefining the original colour, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I think we could have a win/win here if a shade of a color was auto-linked to the parent colour. By doing that, we can still do massive recoloring by redefining the original colour, right?
    That would be nice Gare, but it really doesn't address the issues that Eric and I both agree on.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    That would be nice Gare, but it really doesn't address the issues that Eric and I both agree on.
    Yeah. I know. Sad to say I'm not a programmer.

Or I'd grant your wish.

And give us the option to define the shade of grey in the UI.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    And give us the option to define the shade of grey in the UI.

YES!! +1

Cool Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

JavaScript and CSS content refining would be good for page size reductions, much better google page speed.
    I have loads of css files and I am getting a bad head trying to sort it out.

You can get plugins for wordpress to help sort out css and Java files, can Xara do that as well

I am having problems with colour banding (especially when I make bigger prints) due to the fact that Xara only exports in 8bit RGB formats. Any possibility to have 16bit export formats in the (near) future?

Hi

I'm delighted to use Xara but I get in bad mood every time when I have to deal with the projects wich are more text oriented (brochures, bulletins, magazines ...). Xara lacks some of essential pro features therefore I steel need to use QuarkXpress for them.

One of these missing features is to snap text in a column to the text grid (align text to grid - with variants align to page grid/textbox grid ). This is essential for aligning rows of text in multiple columns as well as text in multiple text boxes.

Aligning can be done opticaly or by hand pretty good if you have only one type or size of font. But aligning is impossible when using more different fonts or sizes.

There is a solution to use Scribus to deal with heavy text pieces, because Scribus features native Xara files importing and editing (ie. for graphic elements) but I think some more serious features for dealing with text are urgent. Especially if Magix would like to earn more money from the DTP world.

Because of the missign text features I steel use X11.

Best regards,

Jakob