Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

could have been confusing for anyone reading who does not know the program well
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    could have been confusing for anyone reading who does not know the program well
    Very true. I don't know Xara very well, and confused myself while typing post #65

Name:  MedumSmily.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  5.4 KB

Instead of the current default labeling for named colors, i.e. "shade of" and then the primary colors designation, I would LOVE for this feature to be implemented, namely adding double digit numbering after the name rather than the "shade of" at the beginning of the name.

1. I makes identifying the color you're looking for quicker and easier.

2. When you sort your colors in the color gallery by name, the named colors stay grouped.

3. When I merge or add one xara drawing to another, the color gallery doesn't become a mess of named colors all mixed up because most of them begin with the words "shade of".

I realize that I could put all the primary colors at the top, but there are often times when I want to make adjustments to one of the shades of the named color and not the "named color" itself.

I've been using this feature of "named colors" for years now and this would be of huge assistance to me. (again, probably only me. I get it)

I've attached a picture illustrating what this would look like.

I don't know how much work this would entail in programming it this way, but I had to ask.

So, for what it's worth...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-16_13-42-42.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	118055  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Long requestet but again: I would like to have the possibility to set my contour of an object to: a) outside, b) center and c) inside.
    Here's a example how AffinityDesigner it handles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (15).png 
Views:	78 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	118058

Default 2017 new feature requests

Illustrator and CorelDRAW (I'm getting as sick as you all are when referring to CorelDRAW) both have the option of specifying whether ea stroke along a path ("outline thickness") should travel outside, inside, or direcv\tly centered on the path.

+5. Would be higher if I'd use the feature more, but given all the other requests here, I can't just put it on the top of the list,
    sorry!

Name:  martian.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  6.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Instead of the current default labeling for named colors, i.e. "shade of" and then the primary colors designation, I would LOVE for this feature to be implemented, namely adding double digit numbering after the name rather than the "shade of" at the beginning of the name.

1. I makes identifying the color you're looking for quicker and easier.

2. When you sort your colors in the color gallery by name, the named colors stay grouped.

3. When I merge or add one xara drawing to another, the color gallery doesn't become a mess of named colors all mixed up because most of them begin with the words "shade of".

I realize that I could put all the primary colors at the top, but there are often times when I want to make adjustments to one of the shades of the named color and not the "named color" itself.

I've been using this feature of "named colors" for years now and this would be of huge assistance to me. (again, probably only me. I get it)

I've attached a picture illustrating what this would look like.

I don't know how much work this would entail in programming it this way, but I had to ask.

So, for what it's worth...

Ron, I'm sure this is not the answer you're looking for, but it's a semi-quasi-related answer. Name:  smsmirk.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  4.1 KB

Attached is a mostly blank Xara template. With any document already open, choose Options/General and then uncheck delete unused colors. Only then do you open my document and save it as a template.

I might be in the minority, but I hate, hate, hate the paucity of preset colors on the Color Line. Illustrator lets you build and saver palettes as you wok on a document...that's almost satisfactory. Affinity, same deal. But as part of my inflexible work habit, I need to see some colors to decide eve a ballpark hue for shapes.

So I saved and named over 100 colors on the template's color line, and they are arranged by Hue from Red to Indigo.

I hope this is of some use!

My Best,

Name:  startlefish.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  5.9 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: 2017 new feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Illustrator and CorelDRAW (I'm getting as sick as you all are when referring to CorelDRAW) both have the option of specifying whether ea stroke along a path ("outline thickness") should travel outside, inside, or direcv\tly centered on the path.

+5. Would be higher if I'd use the feature more, but given all the other requests here, I can't just put it on the top of the list,
    sorry!

Name:  martian.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  6.4 KB
    Hoi Gare,
    I kmow that CD, Illy AD and SerifDraw deal with this options. I'm sure Xara knows it too. It's poor for Xara don't implent it in XDP.
    This feautere is an old hat on the wishlist.

Servus from Bavaria
    Ernie

It would be great if we could create page numbers which change for each page in multi page documents. I use Xara Photo and Graphics 365

Quote Originally Posted by Artmama View Post
    It would be great if we could create page numbers which change for each page in multi page documents. I use Xara Photo and Graphics 365
    Ah, that's one more reason why MAGIX should ley The Xara Group develop Designer and DTP program separately rather than sharing all the code. Auto page numbering is nice. It's nice in Adobe InDesign, but it is not a feature in Photoshop or Illustrator.

This is wishful thi8nking, sorry! I realize manpower is limited and Xara is doing what they can to float different packages at different price points to get a good ROI.

My 2¢,

Gary

Thanks Gare!
    But, yea, not sure how that helps me on my request. I'm a little thick, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Ron, I'm sure this is not the answer you're looking for, but it's a semi-quasi-related answer. Name:  smsmirk.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  4.1 KB

Attached is a mostly blank Xara template. With any document already open, choose Options/General and then uncheck delete unused colors. Only then do you open my document and save it as a template.

I might be in the minority, but I hate, hate, hate the paucity of preset colors on the Color Line. Illustrator lets you build and saver palettes as you wok on a document...that's almost satisfactory. Affinity, same deal. But as part of my inflexible work habit, I need to see some colors to decide eve a ballpark hue for shapes.

So I saved and named over 100 colors on the template's color line, and they are arranged by Hue from Red to Indigo.

I hope this is of some use!

My Best,

Name:  startlefish.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  5.9 KB
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer