Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

An addition to change case of "Proper" (cap each words first letter like a name or company).

Quote Originally Posted by bkjohns View Post
    An addition to change case of "Proper" (cap each words first letter like a name or company).
    Nice feature. In lieu of Xara Designer lacking this feature in this version, you might want to download , Notepad++
    free as a fully functional text editor,which offers an entire section of case changing. I know it might be a PITA to go out to make changes, but it's a very low impact program, and what I just do is toggle. Also, Notepad++ will strip text of any and all formatting. I hate it when MS-Word puts in invisible formatting and craps up my Xara document.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Notepad++.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	117998

On another note: I feel as though Xara's new recognition of all font family members is great, but not the entire solution. You see, if you use the quick font buttons on the Standard Bar,

What happens in you have a Medium wight font? If a medium weight is coded properly, there's no way to quickly use it in a paragraph. My suggestion is to revamp the Text Bar to feature a drop-down of weights after you choose your typeface, like Adobe products do:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font styles in Adobe Prods.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	117999

This is a boon to those who use XD for a DTP program. Please consider?

Thanks!

My Best,

Gary

It's worth mentioning that Text FX is a plug-in on Notepad++, it's not there by default. There is no Text FX plugin for the 64bit version, so better download the 32bit version, install, Plugins / Plugin Manager / Show Plugin Manager / and select Text FX Characters and tick to install.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As I have requested for years: exporting to larger dpi sizes. And no, pdf does not work for my images. Takes ages and screws up fills and transparencies. A 64 bit programme should not have the current size limitations.

Also, a colour depth of 16 bits per channel (RGB) to prevent banding. I know this does not show in small images but definitely does in big ones like mine.

Last one that would make my life easier: manually moving a fall off point in stroke shapes. As an example: the Fallout stroke shape is thickest at the start and thinnest at the end. I want to be able to move the thickest point to e.g. halfway.

Hi Fred—

It's not what you ask for, and I too would lie more control over Pressure Profiles. But if a Profile s going the wrong way, you can reverse the path from the InfoBar while the Shape tool is active.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 22 June 2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: I screwed up and handrawn helped me

Thanks Gary, I knew that (of course ). All I want is to be able to move the starting point of the fall off from the - now default and only possibility - start of the line to any position at the line. And if there are fall off points at both ends, I'd like to have to points to move the fall off point.

Hey, Fred—

Yes. I know you know. There are already three products, all drawing products, that can do what you've asked for: CorelDRAW (make new stroke), Illustrator, and the 16 year old Creature House Expression. See my post here

Dear engineers: You know that I know that you know how to code stuff much better than Corel engineers can. :) So consider this request by two extremely talented Xarists?

My Best,

Gary

Name:  Mr-Peanut.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  5.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    you can reverse the path from the Propery Bar while the Freehand & Brush tool is active.
    what's a property bar? - is that what the program and help call an infobar? [rhetorical question]

the reverse path button is on the shape tool info/property bar, so you need to be in that tool to use it, rather than freehand and brush - but if you have pro you can set a custom key for it which is very useful
    Last edited by handrawn; 22 June 2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: typos, tired eyes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

... following on, this lowly cartoonist has been asking for the ability to draw a stroke the right way first time, rather than have to draw it wrong first time and the put it right afterwards [complete waste of time, xara is a fast program to work with you say - really?], for a long time

too late now though for me, I don't do any new projects of this kind in xara anymore.. I think the drawing side is dead in the water....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    what's a property bar? - is that what the program and help call an infobar? [rhetorical question] :)

the reverse path button is on the shape tool info/property bar, so you need to be in that tool to use it, rather than freehand and brush - but if you have pro you can set a custom key for it which is very useful
    (rhetorical answer) I'm old, I use CorelDRAW, Illustrator, Affinity, and Expression: I can't commit to memory all the different UI names, and I'm not being defense :).

In any event, Fred got the gist of what I was trying to explain to him.

My Bad.