Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

If I simply select a text box of either sort, I would like the font context bar to be displayed.

I find it a pita to have to double click or otherwise select the text tool, highlight, then change the font, size or attributes.

I'd like to give my vote for adding Styles similar to Photoshop/Illustrator. This is one of my favorite features which I would really love to see in Xara Designer.

Hello!!
    MAGIX Web Designer 9 Premium has galery with responsive desing?
    If exist... Where or How do I us it?
    Thanks

Welcome to TG Spin.

Xara doesn't have a responsive design. It creates variants.

Utilities / Website Variants / Website Variants / Create /
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperJW View Post
    I'd like to give my vote for adding Styles similar to Photoshop/Illustrator. This is one of my favorite features which I would really love to see in Xara Designer.
    +1. These are little recipes that are made up of outline attributes, bevel amount , mask overlays, and other features Xara does indeed have.

Not just presets, but let us cobble our own styles?

Thanks,

Gary

I’d really like to see:

Consistency between open documents for last-used font, attributes, and so on. Or at least make it an option. Even though Xara has a multi-document interface, I’d prefer to see “last-used” applied to a Xara session, not just one out of x number of documents open.

I’d like to see last-used apply to Ctrl+Shift+C make a bitmap copy. It’s infuriating to have 12 vectors you want rasterized, and each and every time, you have to set whether it gets an alpha channel or not, and between sessions, the resolution reverts to 96 ppi. Why?

A dynamic polygon tool, allows editing after shape has been created. Not just number of sides, but connection and line properties, cusp, curves, and so on.

I don’t know why the color model changes unless I specify it’s, say, HSB in Options. This might be ignorance rather than a feature request. I never use CMYK, never choose it, for example, and yet the model changes to CMYK when I chose a line to color, just a moment ago.

I’d like to see an implementation of the docked galleries to work more like Adobe’s do. IOW, I’m don’t instinctively know what a pushpin icon means, but in Photoshop (for example), I can tear a palette off the docked position by dragging its title bar, it remains there between sessions, and if I want it to go back to the docking edge, I drag it there and an outline highlight appears when I’m supposed to release the mouse button.

I’m reluctantly opting for the Dark interface, because the Classic has too many bugs and crashes, seeing as this UI has not been updated. Okay, so: make the X and the pushpin icons have a little more contrast? I mean fine, make the UI near-black like every other artsy program, but please remember contrast!

TIA,

Gary

Hello,

-Join command.
    -Adjustments on vector (HSB and levels for example).
    -Better Mould tool, one that works on bitmaps (the transform/warp mode in photoshop quite efficient, just clicking in one of the quadrants to warp is great)
    -Scalable Light/Dark UI. I mostly work in daytime and find the light theme much more easier to read. An on High-res screens, I find the icons and info boxes too small.

Thanks

Almost forgot the most important one :

Custom line pressure profiles !

The current ones are very limitating.

It would make an awesome combo with the new brushes and would be very productive.
    (Less time tweaking the original shape with moulds to get the results for example)

-Marc

Lightbulb Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

+10

Charles mentioned years ago that the pressure profile path widths woulds eventually accept user input to make any sort of progression the artist needs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illustrator width tool.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	117832

CorelDRAW X8 isn't up to speed on a feature like this, but it has been neck-and-neck with Illustrator's Distort tools. I'd love to be able to smear, repel, "zipper-type" distort, bloat and so on not only shapes, but paths, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CorelDRAW.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	117833

Ever since Vector Capitol took over Corel Corp. they've been responsive to Artists' needs. All we artists are getting mostly have been webpage niceties, and the trend has been going away for al most a decade on sites burdened with animations and other fancy Java driven-stuff.

Please?

TIA,

Name:  Interrobang-(2).jpg
Views: 233
Size:  6.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Charles mentioned years ago that the pressure profile path widths woulds eventually accept user input to make any sort of progression the artist needs.
    Lets hope he didn't forgot that one !

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I'd love to be able to smear, repel, "zipper-type" distort, bloat and so on not only shapes, but paths, too.
    Isn't that what the shape painter does?

The "warp" flavour is one of the most useful vector tool upgrade in years for me.
    It's kind of buried in toolbars and easy to miss though.

Marc