Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

Hi Gary,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Join Tool. We already have that capability if I understand your request. Select two open paths, drag one end to the other, they become one path. No?
    [/COLOR]
    I am aware of the current way, it just seems cumbersome for such a common operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Levels and hue adjustments that remains vector. Don't understand, sorry!
    Like adjustments in Photoshop, you can do that via plugins but the adjustments are static, you cannot edit the color of objects after.

Concerning flood fills I meant for vector lines. For example I often import flattened 3d images in vector curves.
    I use Illustrator's live paint bucket to do this but would rather do it in Xara.

Marc

Master pages for both print, and web. Discretionary numbering. For example starting to number pages 17 pages into a document with the front matter table of contents, introductory or preface, not numbered or numbered in lowercase roman numberals.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

An effects panel that would be separate from the 3rd party plug ins. These effects should be built into the program and include the bevel tool, 3d, shadow tool a blur and sharpen tool that can be applied to vector shapes, feathering etc

Styles: a way to save combinations of the aforementioned effects as well as fill, stroke as a style, that could be saved and used in another document or even shared with other users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I wish editable colour and transparency gradient - as Mesh-tool in Illustrator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mesh tool.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	113765
    Igor

Little Color Management System (LCMS) integration. It's an OpenSource color management system in wide use. Constantly maintained and very good/stable. I requested this at least once in the past. Fastest/best way to get color management integration.

Mike

Had to do a google on that one Mike. Looked at the FAQ's I understood that and then went to the tutorial and got lost there. Can't see how that would integrate in Xara as it's more than libraries its colour management has to be programmed when doing conversions. When I started reading the tutorial I got to about the 8th page when my mind hazed over. Does it work like the import/export PDF filter which is bolted into xara's actual structure and all that a user has to do is to select a pre-programmed library to run?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Yes, it needs programmed into Xara products, likely not useful in the web products. It isn't just something one can reference and would work.

Bug Options by Template

I suspect I am pointing out an oversight rather than requesting a 'new' feature, but I don't know where else to mention it. So...

Whenever I double-click on a group or Live Copy to edit it in another view, the Option settings revert to global defaults. Could they please inherit the file's defaults? These seem to be inherited correctly from the template, so why is a subset of the file presented with Option settings the file has never seen?

My particular issue is this. I like to work in pixels rather than centimetres. All the templates I've created produce new documents using pixels for rulers, scaling, infobar entries and so on. Except, that is, for when I'm editing a group or Live Copy. Every time I open an edit window I have to go through every Option panel changing 'cm' to 'px' before making even simple edits. And, of course, these Option changes are lost when the edit is saved. Having to re-make these changes every time I want to edit a group is annoying. But when re-editing the same group several times just to see the impact of various changes, it gets REALLY ANNOYING... Can you imagine?

Surely this is not what was intended? But if it was, can it be changed? PLEASE?

Lightbulb Text InfoBar

I work on a laptop a lot. To maximise drawing area I only have one horizontal toolbar line, where the InfoBar goes. To its left is a short toolbar with line-width, feathering and zoom drop-downs. Like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara toolbars.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	113880 (1600 pixels long, so you'll have to click to see it)

The rest of the width is plenty for every InfoBar except the Text one. Notice the Text InfoBar is partly off-screen? I have to float it each time I wish to access the right hand options, include the Advanced Text bar.

As you have found a way to split the Text InfoBar into two, could it be split into three? I would suggest everything up to Fully Justify on the main InfoBar, followed by two buttons like Super- and Subscript that toggle the other two bars. The second one would be the Advanced Text bar we have, but the first one could toggle a Format Text toolbar holding the rest.

By default the Format Text InfoBar would appear after the Text InfoBar. For most people the only difference would be that the Advanced Text button would be more central. This would give a Text Infobar more similar in length to the others, making better use of precious screen space. The two additional text bars could float or be docked on a separate line (which would only appear when needed).

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    An effects panel that would be separate from the 3rd party plug ins. These effects should be built into the program and include the bevel tool, 3d, shadow tool a blur and sharpen tool that can be applied to vector shapes, feathering etc

Styles: a way to save combinations of the aforementioned effects as well as fill, stroke as a style, that could be saved and used in another document or even shared with other users.

+1 on the Gallery paradigm rather than the drop-down list.

On the subject of Text features, I'd love to be able to highlight a character in a word and move it. I misspell, I own up to it, and Word and several other programs allow you to move characters around that are highlighted. IMO, this is yet another step towards a full-featured DTP-mode for Designer.

TIA,

-