Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Also Development time on the dark UI is desperately needed, it needs to be user adjustable.
    +10

Support for the Classic UI is so stillborn, several features I've discovered crash the program when in Classic UI mode.

I'd be happy to leave it if the DARK UI could be tuned. But I understand with Xara's code base, it's not possible and we actually have tow UIs in every version, is this right?

-g

Gary on #10 you mentioned the Calligraphy Brush well you've got a nearly there brush already it's called the Shape Painter Tool. You can change the roundness, the angle, the smoothing before you start and the softness which I don't touch. I have been banging on about the usefulness of this brush since I got updated to vers. 11 for drawing cartoons and it is a vector shape. When I draw cartoons I always like to emphasise the outside lines to give the cartoon depth and this works and it's controllable.

Here 2 that I did directly from the mouse. I would normally use a Wacom when using the brush but too lazy this morning. The only thing wrong with this is that it is a shape not a line so it doesn't have end/start line profiles but a quick F4 editing sorts that out.

If I can emphasize to all members here if you want a calligraphy brush use the Shape Builder tool shift+B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary.png 
Views:	247 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	113764  
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you for your advice, Peter.

Thumbs up, man.

My Best,

Gary

Great piece of advice, Peter. I spent a long time playing with the Shape Painter Tool the other day.
    Your results with the mouse are much better than mine with the mouse.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Oh, I forgot to mention:

The Shape Painter is fine for what it does, but I still request a paint-style brush that lays down an inner path you can modify at any time later.

As in Illustrator.
    As in InkScape.
    As in in Affinity Designer.
    As in CorelDRAW.

There's a pattern here!

-g

Hi,

Better mould tool.
    Editable pressure profile.
    Join Tool.
    Levels and hue adjustments that remains vector.
    Flood fill.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Hi,

Better mould tool.
    Editable pressure profile.
    Join Tool.
    Levels and hue adjustments that remains vector.
    Flood fill.

Thanks
    Better mould tool. +10
    Editable pressure profile. +10
    Join Tool. We already have that capability if I understand your request. Select two open paths, drag one end to the other, they become one path. No?
    Levels and hue adjustments that remains vector. Don't understand, sorry!
    Flood fill. For bitmap imports?

This thread might not be the place, but here goes:

I had a clipped shape with a dop shadow. Did that, filed it for months. Whwn I came back to it, I wanted to remove the clip...but it wouldn't because it had a dropshadow that needed to be removed first.

This is version 365.

Shouldn't I get an explanation onscreen as a hint for why the action wasn't possible?

Thanks!

-g

Yes Gare that's what I was asking for in post #6. As well as a Calligraphy I would like both Pen & Ink as well as Art brushes all with their start & end profiles.
    In post #10 I stated that we nearly had this but it was a shape not a Line so I 100% agree with your request there.

Yes I really like Illustrator brushes in operation but the palette for editing the shape is poor, then when you comes to borders/frames it gets very 90's. I think Xara's is no better, maybe poorer as corners are a dreadful areas.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Yes I really like Illustrator brushes in operation but the palette for editing the shape is poor, then when you comes to borders/frames it gets very 90's. I think Xara's is no better, maybe poorer as corners are a dreadful areas.
    If you were ever to try CorelDRAW versions 10 and higher, the brush tool produces a stroke at the speed of light, unlike some of the other functions. Excessive nodes don't exist when you use a mouse to paint a clligraphic stroke.

Comparting Illustrator 5.5 (that's where I stopped upgrading, don't like checking into a cloud to use my software) to CorelDRAW X8, DRAW wins for responsiveness and finished product using a standard issue Logitech optical cordless.

My Best,

Gary