Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

This thread might not be the place, but here goes:

I had a clipped shape with a dop shadow. Did that, filed it for months. Whwn I came back to it, I wanted to remove the clip...but it wouldn't because it had a dropshadow that needed to be removed first.

This is version 365.

Shouldn't I get an explanation onscreen as a hint for why the action wasn't possible?

Thanks!

-g

Yes Gare that's what I was asking for in post #6. As well as a Calligraphy I would like both Pen & Ink as well as Art brushes all with their start & end profiles.
    In post #10 I stated that we nearly had this but it was a shape not a Line so I 100% agree with your request there.

Yes I really like Illustrator brushes in operation but the palette for editing the shape is poor, then when you comes to borders/frames it gets very 90's. I think Xara's is no better, maybe poorer as corners are a dreadful areas.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Yes I really like Illustrator brushes in operation but the palette for editing the shape is poor, then when you comes to borders/frames it gets very 90's. I think Xara's is no better, maybe poorer as corners are a dreadful areas.
    If you were ever to try CorelDRAW versions 10 and higher, the brush tool produces a stroke at the speed of light, unlike some of the other functions. Excessive nodes don't exist when you use a mouse to paint a clligraphic stroke.

Comparting Illustrator 5.5 (that's where I stopped upgrading, don't like checking into a cloud to use my software) to CorelDRAW X8, DRAW wins for responsiveness and finished product using a standard issue Logitech optical cordless.

My Best,

Gary