I suspect I am pointing out an oversight rather than requesting a 'new' feature, but I don't know where else to mention it. So...

Whenever I double-click on a group or Live Copy to edit it in another view, the Option settings revert to global defaults. Could they please inherit the file's defaults? These seem to be inherited correctly from the template, so why is a subset of the file presented with Option settings the file has never seen?

My particular issue is this. I like to work in pixels rather than centimetres. All the templates I've created produce new documents using pixels for rulers, scaling, infobar entries and so on. Except, that is, for when I'm editing a group or Live Copy. Every time I open an edit window I have to go through every Option panel changing 'cm' to 'px' before making even simple edits. And, of course, these Option changes are lost when the edit is saved. Having to re-make these changes every time I want to edit a group is annoying. But when re-editing the same group several times just to see the impact of various changes, it gets REALLY ANNOYING... Can you imagine?

Surely this is not what was intended? But if it was, can it be changed? PLEASE?