Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

I agree with you Bob, Magix is making a huge mistake by not putting vector development at the forefront. So I'm glad that you and Peter have posted here. Support for all the extras that can come with open type fonts is a must.

Also the brushes still need work
    - ability to set heads and tails on repeating brushes
    - ability to set corner pieceson repeating brushes (the deformation in sharp corners on repeating brushes is awful!!)
    - ability to set transparency on art brushes
    - unified controls on all brushes

Another much needed tool is a vector mesh fill some capabilities it should have are:
    - the ability to easily subdivide the mesh
    - the ability to set both colour and transparency to any node on the mesh

Also Development time on the dark UI is desperately needed, it needs to be user adjustable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm asking for the same things I've been asking for since 2008.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	node-happy.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	113759

A conversion from a typeface glyph to simple curves that doesn't go Control-Point Happy in the process. CorelDRAW produces a shape that's easy to work with. In contrast, Xara produces too many unnecessary control points, and even if using the Node Reduction feature was an adequate excuse, smoothing a curve to auto-reduce changes the shape slightly.

Name:	non-destructive calligraphy strokes.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	113760

A calligraphy tool that has a core you can edit with the Shape tool later. The Stroke Shapes hasn't been improved since it first was introduced and both Illustrator and CorelDRAW have leapt ahead in versatility for a calligraphy brush. Why can't we create our own pressure profiles?

Name:	2016 polygon tool.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	113761

A Polygon tool that allows a polygon shape to be edited! Add control points, make curves into line segments and vice-versa, and let the artist add or subtract sides all along the process as I've pathetically illustrated here.

TIA,

Gary

Master pages for both print, and web. Discretionary numbering. For example starting to number pages 17 pages into a document with the front matter table of contents, introductory or preface, not numbered or numbered in lowercase roman numberals.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

An effects panel that would be separate from the 3rd party plug ins. These effects should be built into the program and include the bevel tool, 3d, shadow tool a blur and sharpen tool that can be applied to vector shapes, feathering etc

Styles: a way to save combinations of the aforementioned effects as well as fill, stroke as a style, that could be saved and used in another document or even shared with other users.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I wish editable colour and transparency gradient - as Mesh-tool in Illustrator

Name:	mesh tool.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	113765
    Igor

Little Color Management System (LCMS) integration. It's an OpenSource color management system in wide use. Constantly maintained and very good/stable. I requested this at least once in the past. Fastest/best way to get color management integration.

Mike

Had to do a google on that one Mike. Looked at the FAQ's I understood that and then went to the tutorial and got lost there. Can't see how that would integrate in Xara as it's more than libraries its colour management has to be programmed when doing conversions. When I started reading the tutorial I got to about the 8th page when my mind hazed over. Does it work like the import/export PDF filter which is bolted into xara's actual structure and all that a user has to do is to select a pre-programmed library to run?
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    An effects panel that would be separate from the 3rd party plug ins. These effects should be built into the program and include the bevel tool, 3d, shadow tool a blur and sharpen tool that can be applied to vector shapes, feathering etc

Styles: a way to save combinations of the aforementioned effects as well as fill, stroke as a style, that could be saved and used in another document or even shared with other users.

+1 on the Gallery paradigm rather than the drop-down list.

On the subject of Text features, I'd love to be able to highlight a character in a word and move it. I misspell, I own up to it, and Word and several other programs allow you to move characters around that are highlighted. IMO, this is yet another step towards a full-featured DTP-mode for Designer.

TIA,

-

Show the degree of rotation of the current object besides the location and size... Plenty of space.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Show the degree of rotation of the current object besides the location and size... Plenty of space.

Thanks
    +1

Add to this: I don't always want the most recently used attributes applied to a new object...most of the time, but not all of the time.

Rather than wasting time going to Options to turn it on then off, then on, is there a place on the Standard bar for a small, vertical toggle?

Name:  recent attributes.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  2.0 KB

I seem to get a Transparency attribute on outline widths all the time, and can't get this gum off my shoe, at least not quickly, without opening a new document>Copy>Paste.

TIA,

Gary