Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2016-2017 NFR

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    ...It almost literally broke my heart the other day while I was trying to trace off a piece of an Art Nouveau sculpture in Xara, only at a certain point being forced to work in Creature House Expression, because it let me define the stroke as a vector, and I could customize the width of the stroke on the fly. When the stroke is simplified and it was a vector shape to begin with, it remains a vector, you can smooth it in Expression, and then export as an AI file to Xara...
    Thanks for the info.
    Paradox. For a long time I bought Xara to replace heavy CD and AI. Now I get more and more programs that replace Xara.
    When I have to do quickly job, I open automatically XDP. I do not have time to learn(or remember) other software. At the moment, I know XDP better than any other vector editor.

I have a free idea. Xara can develop a bridge that will allow to open the selected layers in any program installed on user computer.

And developers will have more time to develop their beloved child Web Designer.

It is of course a joke. Although?

I think all of this is a result of having to work with 30 year old code that the programmers are sort of locked into and need to create kludges.
    -g
    Well, there is of course an answer, but it might require the sort of overhaul that Adobe did to their Illustrator coding before the release of CS6, I think it was.
    I'm sure that everyone is suffering because the developers at Magix/Xara are being hobbled by ancient code.
    Time to bite the bullet, perhaps? (it might throw the scheduling of updates for the next 365, though)
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    Paradox. For a long time I bought Xara to replace heavy CD and AI. Now I get more and more programs that replace Xara.
    When I have to do quickly job, I open automatically XDP. I do not have time to learn(or remember) other software. At the moment, I know XDP better than any other vector editor.
    +5 here. Xara is my default drawing program. I know all the shortcuts like tying my sneakers, and it's light and fast.
    Can't it gain some weight though, and still be fast?

I have a free idea. Xara can develop a bridge that will allow to open the selected layers in any program installed on user computer.
    How about asking Adobe to work on their program, Bridge, so that a Xara file will not only open in any program on your computer, but it will also open on anyone's computer? Cloud computing at its finest.

Nahhhh.

And developers will have more time to develop their beloved child Web Designer.

It is of course a joke. Although? :)
    If that were a joke, you'd hear us laughing, digitalphaser. :(

Web Designer is not the developers' beloved child. It's Magix's.

Not entirely meaning to be snarky here, but Xara Designer is fast, usually exports to bitmap beautifully, is very accommodating with different exports, mostly gets PDFs right...and doesn't show a lot of competitive nature in 2016 with other products. Or 2105, or I could go on, or shut up to the appreciation of TPTB.

Drawing tools, please...

Name:  Interrobang-(2).jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  6.7 KB

If that were a joke, you'd hear us laughing, digitalphaser.

Web Designer is not the developers' beloved child. It's Magix's....

Name:  Interrobang-(2).jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  6.7 KB
    Yes I know. Unfortunately, we often do, then we do not want to do.

Magix is known through its first-class(at least once it was) audio software(Samplitude). Everything else are basically hobby goods. I hope that everything else except XDP.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I would love to see an improvement in the galleries. The ability to import nested folders in the designs, fills, and brushes galleries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I would love to see an improvement in the galleries. The ability to import nested folders in the designs, fills, and brushes galleries.
    +1

And more galleries, perhaps even being ab le to minimize the galleries to a right-edge vertical dock of icons, as Adobe does, rather than teensy icons and text that's usually not possible to read.

A DTP gallery, A Brushe Editor gallery as soon as brushes become editable beyond degree of roundness and size, put the stuff "up front". People don' t like to have to drill down to find stuff.
    -g
    Last edited by Gare; 23 August 2016 at 02:12 PM. Reason: way, way, way too political :)

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

I also asking all the same things I did decade ago and multiple times.

1. 16 bit color depth for depth maps and other images to use in 3d CG

2. Lighter (max), subtract, erase blending modes

3. Objects independant transform linking irrelevant to groups. Maybe names based , So I could move/scale several linked objects within different groups having all the other parts of same groups intact. Pretty much like I can in Photoshop.

4. bitmap mesh deform like in Affinity Photo with ability to tweak the mesh same way 3d soft can. Multi node editing with rotation center etc

5. Please borrow skeletal strokes from Creative house expression with its all advantages like being able to use 10 alternating bitmap pieces deforming along the curve smoothly

6. "layer/objects compositions" based on names. Basically a button to quickly show only objects with a specific name tag to quickly switch in between document states .

7. Please bring back the old Xara way to feather bitmaps with alpha as an option. When only vector borders are feathered and not the alpha itself

In general I would like Xara to cover more needs, not only web design. I used it for years for composing textures and UI ellements for 3d graphics but had to move on because of new needs and requirements in CG and Xara unfortunately didn't suit them anymore. Still would love to came back.

+10 on all of the above.

I, too, used to use a vector drawing program to composite rendered layers.

I finally turned to Photoshop after eons of disappointments.

-g

I also turned to Photoshop but working in Photoshop I always feel pain and nostalgy of how easy and quick things in Xara were. Crop, copy, feather , and recompose, scatter along a curve, all in just a couple clicks .

In Photoshop same is so annoying I always kind of gasping. And the "names" system is so brilliant idea. I really need it. Would buy Xara for tripled price in a heartbeat would they do 16 bit grayscale image support at least.

Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
    I also turned to Photoshop but working in Photoshop I always feel pain and nostalgy of how easy and quick things in Xara were. Crop, copy, feather , and recompose, scatter along a curve, all in just a couple clicks .

In Photoshop same is so annoying I always kind of gasping. And the "names" system is so brilliant idea. I really need it. Would buy Xara for tripled price in a heartbeat would they do 16 bit grayscale image support at least.
    Ironically, I use Xara for just about everything except for image editing, where the engineers are putting a lot of effort.

Xara needs:

• The capability to read and write image data to several color spaces in addition to sRGB.
    • Color profiling. How else can an artist calibrate and ensure their work on Tuesday is the same as on the next Wednesday?
    • Channels. Not transparency masks, but channels, where you can, for example store a bump map, so the effect can be done in a better Live Effect than the limited Emboss.
    • Resampling done with a weighted average of bicubic interpolation.
    •Rotation where you can see what the exported file will look like. Here's a magnified view of a rotated bitmap. How can you tell how smoothly this will export?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-31-2016 12-02-20 PM.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	114061

Does Xara export pixels that are rotated? I don't think so.

Types of sharpening and blurring on the PPhoto tools toolbar.

I truly appreciate the capability to integrate photosa with vectors, and the non-destructive editing of bitmaps.

But you can't do color-critical work in Xara, nor for the price should you expect it.

My Best,

Gary