Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

As Peter said above, I wasn't going to post here, because so little advancement has been made to the vector/text side of the program in many years. Dear Xara seems to be a sop to the consumer, whose wishes seem to be at odds with those who decide the path that Xara takes. It's a huge shame, because if Xara could set to one side its apparent fixation with widgets and push-button results and just concentrate on dealing with full Open Type capabilities, we could all think twice before looking in the direction of Affinity Designer and Illustrator.
    Attached is a simple graphic using a fairly ordinary font, Salamander Script. It does, however have optional ligatures that transform it into a thing of beauty.
    Xara users cannot access these ligatures without using Character Map in Windows, which is a royal pain to use. For all of Illustrator's faults, it is an easy operation to get the result I've attached here.
    I did use Xara's Contour Tool which is one of their better vector tools, (much better than any of the competition).
    Come on Xara, for Pete's sake (and mine) sort it out for the next upgrade for goodness sake!
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Salty.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	113754  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.