Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2016 - 2017 new feature requests

Show the degree of rotation of the current object besides the location and size... Plenty of space.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Show the degree of rotation of the current object besides the location and size... Plenty of space.

Thanks
    +1

Add to this: I don't always want the most recently used attributes applied to a new object...most of the time, but not all of the time.

Rather than wasting time going to Options to turn it on then off, then on, is there a place on the Standard bar for a small, vertical toggle?

Name:  recent attributes.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  2.0 KB

I seem to get a Transparency attribute on outline widths all the time, and can't get this gum off my shoe, at least not quickly, without opening a new document>Copy>Paste.

TIA,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

+1 or if it was possible for DP users to assign a custom shortcut for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    +1 or if it was possible for DP users to assign a custom shortcut for it.
    Oh, perish the thought, Frances!

I have far too many shortcuts stored away in my pinhead. Often, I try to push a zoomed-in page in Photoshop by wheel-dragging the mouse, and Ctrl+F doesn't do a lot in CorelDRAW or Adobe products!

I guess I'll just have to stop using all those foreign programs.

-g

Default Re: Text InfoBar

The Photo tool infobar is also too long. I feel it should just be from Enhance to Compare, with the rest on an auxillary infobar.

I would like that developers completed the "art brush" feature. Brushes look good. But the conversion of brushes in the shapes turns into a nightmare. Only straight lines are converted more or less correctly. Even shapes created from lines have problems when exporting. Recently, I created several characters based on art brushes(pure solid vector, no groups). Then I converted a lines to shape and exported as PDF,AI files. When I opened it with CD, I saw only great spot. Bad!

More Brushes control would not be bad.

I think the whole brushes thing needs real development. I hate also, as you found out, when exported to other vector app the sudden effect of a tight curve leading to a large spot on the page. It only happens if you draw a curve with large brush size at a tight angle. We should have the ability to make Calligraphy/Grunge type brushes. We should not have to put up with bitmap brushes with low res. output. I know that I can change that by going into the Registry and increasing the res. but this should be done through a drop down or right clicking the line.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    ...We should not have to put up with bitmap brushes with low res. output. I know that I can change that by going into the Registry and increasing the res. but this should be done through a drop down or right clicking the line....
    Although I never use bitmap brushes. Despite, please share the experience. Or link. It is interesting.

Thank you.

By the way. Art brushes are incredibly loaded processor. Combining pieces of brush in one shape 100% leads to the freezing of the program. My machine with 64Gb memory can not cope with this. Unfortunately.

Default 2016-2017 NFR

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    By the way. Art brushes are incredibly loaded processor. Combining pieces of brush in one shape 100% leads to the freezing of the program. My machine with 64Gb memory can not cope with this. Unfortunately.
    I think all of this is a result of having to work with 30 year old code that the programmers are sort of locked into and need to create kludges.

Compare calligraphic or "nozzle-type" brushes in Xara to Illustrator or CorelDRAW. I'm don't know about DRAW, but Adobe re-factored Illustrator years ago to get over programming hurdles that are legacy.

It almost literally broke my heart the other day while I was trying to trace off a piece of an Art Nouveau sculpture in Xara, only at a certain point being forced to work in Creature House Expression, because it let me define the stroke as a vector, and I could customize the width of the stroke on the fly. When the stroke is simplified and it was a vector shape to begin with, it remains a vector, you can smooth it in Expression, and then export as an AI file to Xara.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	user-defined brush strokes.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	113959

This is 2003 technology, and Microsoft basically gives it away, after partially wrecking the program, and then scratching their corporate pinheads over why no one bought the program.

How about Xara makes everyone happy and puts advanced drawing tools into a Web creation program?

Name:  smsmirk.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  4.1 KB

-g